== Changelog ==== Changelog ==
= 5.7 =
* Release date: January 2, 2018* Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-6FR
* Added ability to create revisions of Portfolio Projects.* Users hosting their sites with our Pressable partner who have Rewind access can now jump from the new Activity card in the Jetpack dashboard to the Activity Log in WordPress.com and restore or download backups for the site.* Comments: Edit links for comments in the frontend can redirect to calypso if the Jetpack option `edit_links_calypso_redirect` is enabled.* Protect: Updated the styling of the Protect page for recovering access to your site when you’re locked out of it.* Search: Improved the UI for customizing the Search widget.
* Comments: Updated our filtering behavior for Jetpack comments so other plugins appending html to the comments section are able to do it instead of being filtered out by Jetpack.* Widgets: We updated Goodreads URLs to support https schema.* Masterbar: We now hide the Masterbar settings card in Jetpack’s Admin Page for sites that are set to always show the Masterbar.* Lazy Images: Added a callback for processing image attributes array when attempting to lazy load images are loaded via `wp_get_attachment_image`.* Search: Added hooks to the search filters widget so that other plugins/themes can hook in and change its output.
* REST API: Added a check for avoiding a fatal error when attempting to include Akismet class files in case the Akismet plugin files are present but the permissions on the files there are set to be not readable* Markdown: Fixed bug where code inside shortcodes wasn’t correctly restored from the hash.* Search: Fixed the link that acts as a month and year filter removal toggle.
= 5.6.1 =
* Release date: December 14, 2017* Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-6Jk
* Contact Forms: Hardened security in Contact Form processing.
* Sharing: Bumped the character limit to 280 when sharing a post to Twitter.
* Widget Visibility: Fixed a bug that disabled “saving” the widget when removing a Widget Visibility rule.
= 5.6 =
* Release date: December 5, 2017* Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-6zt
**Enhancements*** Custom CSS: add new set of font properties that can be used in the CSSeditor.* Photon: do not remove `width` and `height` attributes from image tags whenknown.* Sitemaps: add CLI commands to purge and built the sitemaps.* Sitemaps: only display the reporter log success messages if`JETPACK_DEV_DEBUG` is defined.* WordPress.com API: add new endpoints to allow for better comment managementin third party interfaces like WordPress.com.* WordPress.com Toolbar: prevent dns prefetching for logged out users.
**Improved compatibility*** Stats: remove function deprecated in PHP 7.2.
= 5.5.1 =
* Release date: November 21, 2017* Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-6Bd
**Bug fixes*** In Jetpack 5.5 we made some changes that created errors if you were using other plugins that added custom links to the Plugins menu. This is now fixed.* We have fixed a problem that did not allow to upload plugins using API requests.* Open Graph links in post headers are no longer invalid in some special cases.* We fixed warnings happening when syncing users with WordPress.com.* We updated the way the Google+ button is loaded to match changes made by Google, to ensure the button is always displayed properly.* We fixed conflicts between Jetpack’s Responsive Videos and the updates made to Video players in WordPress 4.9.* We updated Publicize’s message length to match Twitter’s new 280 character limit.
= 5.5 =
* Release date: November 7, 2017* Release post: https://wp.me/p1moTy-6rk
* Jetpack is now fully compatible with WordPress’s [new Gallery Widget](https://make.wordpress.org/core/2017/09/25/introducing-the-gallery-widget/). Your old Gallery widgets powered by Jetpack will switch to the new Widget when you update to WordPress 4.9.
**Enhancements*** We have improved the performance when loading the Jetpack Settings in the dashboard by optimizing the number of calls made when loading the page.* We have updated the plugin to do a better job of cleaning up after itself whenever you decide to remove Jetpack from your site.* We made some changes to reduce the number of connection issues that may happen on a site when switching from HTTP to HTTPs.* We made some performance improvements to the Jetpack dashboard interface, to make sure your options and settings are loaded faster there.* Error messages are also better in the Jetpack Dashboard; whenever you can’t update settings, Jetpack will provide you with more information about why.* We improved the Jetpack update process to make sure updating Jetpack does not stress your database during it, even on high-traffic sites.* The next version of WordPress, 4.9, will be released very soon and will include [a lot of changes to its code editors](https://make.wordpress.org/core/2017/10/22/code-editing-improvements-in-wordpress-4-9/). Jetpack’s Custom CSS will be fully compatible with the new editors and their syntax highlighting feature.* We also made changes to make sure Jetpack was fully compatible with the [role and capability changes](https://make.wordpress.org/core/2017/10/15/improvements-for-roles-and-capabilities-in-4-9/) in WordPress 4.9.* We have made some performance improvements to the Carousel feature.* Contact Form: do not process shortcodes in widgets when WordPress itself does, starting in 4.9.* Contact Form: we have improved the “website” field to display better error messages when you don’t supply a URL. We have also improved the look of the date picker for the date field.* Contact Form: avoid duplicate slashes when loading editor style.* Masterbar: update the “Plugins” menu item to match the updated design on WordPress.com.* Open Graph: do not display images smaller than Facebook’s required size.* Sharing: use Google’s minified libraries to improve performance when loading Google buttons.* Sharing: update Open Graph Image tags appearing on the home page to offer better alternatives based on your site settings in Appearance > Customize.* We improved the way sitemaps are built so they do not consume too much memory when they are generated.* WP.me Shorlinks: those links will now always use HTTPS.* Spellchecker: we improved the admin interface to make it more clear when adding ignored phrases and saving them.* Subscriptions: we added a filter so third party developers can track comment subscription activations.* Sync: synchronize plugin action links to add that information to WordPress.com.* Sync: improvements to better track theme and widget changes.* VideoPress: we removed Jetpack version locking for directly embedded VideoPress videos to ensure all users receive the newest version of the player.* We added a new filter (`jetpack_google_translate_widget_layout`) to the Google Translate Widget to allow you to change its layout.* WordPress.com REST API: improve comment management for all roles, including post authors.* WordPress.com REST API: allow site owners to manage comments on attachment pages from WordPress.com.* WordPress.com REST API: improve the response from the API when WordPress’ autoupdates are disabled.
**Improved compatibility*** You can now use Jetpack’s contact form and Yoast SEO’s Focus keywords on the same page without any issues in the editor.* Top Posts Widget: avoid Fatal Errors when the widget is used on a site using WPML, and when a popular post cannot be found by WPML.* Sync: add more Custom Post Types from third-party plugins to the list of things we do not synchronize with WordPress.com, to improve sync performance.* Sharing: since [Press This is now a plugin and not part of WordPress itself](https://make.wordpress.org/core/2017/11/02/press-this-in-4-9/), we removed the Press This sharing button if you are not using the plugin.
= 5.4 =
* Release date: October 3, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-67V
**Major Enhancements*** Multiple improvements to the connection process, to allow more people to use the Jetpack plugin, even on very specific server configurations.* Add a new Welcome screen to guide site owners after they have purchased a Jetpack plan.
**Enhancements*** Add Schema.org markup to the Contact Info Widget.* Add a new “Date” field to the Contact Form.* Do not show any update notices when in [development mode](http://jetpack.com/support/development-mode).* Improve our documentation to help contributors set up a unit testing environment.* Avoid conflicts between Jetpack’s Infinite Scroll and other Infinite Scroll plugins.* Improvements to the WordPress.com REST API to avoid issues when interacting with your site’s categories and tags on WordPress.com.* Allow third party plugin and theme authors to add new menu items to the WordPress.com toolbar.* Improve the Content Options panel displayed in the Customizer with certain themes.* Add architecture for the Jetpack Search feature, available for Jetpack Professional users.* Simple Payments: improve the display of the payment items when used on your site.* Ensure a proper display of the Recipe shortcode on sites using an RTL language.* Improve the display of the Facebook posts, images, and all other Facebook embeds in your posts.* Synchronize the author information for all published posts.* Record how Jetpack was discovered and activated to better understand how site owners first discover Jetpack.* Improve the display and options offered with the Milestone Widget.
**Bug fixes*** We fixed layout issues appearing in the admin interface for IE11 users.* Comment Form: avoid whitespace sometimes appearing below the form with some themes.* Contact Form: avoid errors in the post editor on sites using RTL languages.* Toolbar: always display the Toolbar when it’s active, regardless of other admin bar settings.* Widget Visibility: make sure rules are correctly migrated from the old Jetpack image widget to the new WordPress Image Widget.* Avoid errors showing that Jetpack is out of date on WordPress.com, when running a Multisite network.* WP CLI: avoid warnings when using the `wp jetpack protect whitelist list` command to list the whitelisted IP addresses in the Protect feature.* Avoid displaying raw HTML in the Stats Configuration screen.* Comment edits are reflected properly in wordpress.com.
= 5.3 =
* Release date: September 5, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-5Xv
**Major Enhancements*** Full PHP 7.1 compatibility.* It’s now possible to preview your site within WordPress.com.
**Enhancements*** The Ads feature now gives you more options and control over the ads displayed on your site.* Increased performance in the admin by cutting back on unnecessary requests.* Loading comment avatars from Facebook and Twitter through a more secure https.* Admin UI is much friendlier on initial activation when there are no stats to display.* You’re now able to stop VideoPress from looping a video during autoplay through the shortcode.* Made some optimizations to the Jetpack connection process which means connecting your site more is more reliable.* The EU Cookie Law widget got some styling improvements and looks better in any theme.* There’s a new Jetpack CLI command to allow testing of the Jetpack connection.* Added the Likes and Monitor features to our recommended features list, making it easier to activate for new sites.* Improvements made that makes sure we have the most up-to-date version of your site when managing from WordPress.com.* Added a link to view your Comments in the WordPress.com toolbar.* Lots of minor design improvements to the Jetpack admin area.* We’ve found a few places where we were able to optimize the loading of css files.* Removed the Omnisearch feature.
**Bug fixes*** Fixed compatibility issues with plugins using TinyMCE.* Contact Form submission emails have been fixed for sites hosted on SiteGround.* Updating WordPress.com themes will no longer have any problems.* The Sitemaps feature will no longer error with posts/images with special characters in the title.* There are no more conflicts with the ACF plugin when adding a new custom field.* Fixed a bug that would cause some plugins to throw warnings with the Shortcode feature.* We’re no longer loading a font on the front-end for the Likes feature, which will also have some performance benefits.* The Jetpack admin UI had some bugs that were causing some features to not display the correct active status, which are squashed now.* Cleaned up our markup to avoid XHTML validation errors.* Brought back a filter for the Widget Visibility feature that was accidentally removed.* Managing your comments and comment authors more reliable from WordPress.com.
= 5.2.1 =
* Release date: August 2, 2017* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=22686
**Bug fixes*** Solves an issue that caused widgets to lose their content when saved in WP Admin or Customizer.
= 5.2 =
* Release date: August 1, 2017* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=22509
**Major Enhancements*** Contact Forms now sports a fancy new interface that allows you to visually compose your form in the editor.* We have a new and slick way to showcase and explain the features we recommend to activate to new users.
**Enhancements*** Reduced 500kb from plugin zip file, which means faster updates.* Refactored and reduced code for Comment Likes so it’s faster and lighter.
**Bug fixes*** An inconsistency experienced in WordPress.com dashboard when Related Posts settings were set in the local site’s WP Admin is now fixed.* Fixed a 404 when loading Open Sans font from a stylesheet plus now it’s only enqueued if it will be used.* Solve PHP warnings when Image widget wasn’t migrated.
= 5.1 =
* Release date: July 5th, 2017* Release post: https://jetpack.com/?p=20888
**Major Enhancements*** You and your readers can now show appreciation to particularly clever comments with the new Comment Likes feature.
**Enhancements*** Quickly visit your current site’s front-end directly from the Masterbar’s new “View Site” item.* Site data fetch from /me/sites REST API endpoint now includes `blog_public` in the list of returned options.* The Flickr widget now automatically displays images in a grid if there’s enough room.* E-mail sharing is now disabled by default unless it’s explicitly enabled by a filter or Akismet is active.
* Updated instructions in Flickr widget to reflect recent changes to the Flickr UI.
* EU Cookie Law Banner cookie no longer cached.* WP Admin menu can now be accessed in mobile when Masterbar is displayed.* We now sync the `order_id` for `order_items` in older WooCommerce versions.* UI now handles VaultPress connection or registration problems gracefully.* Photon now works correctly with images uploaded before WordPress 2.7.
= 5.0 =
* Release date: June 6th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-5hK
* Several changes to the Jetpack dashboard and notices: alignment tweaks, code refactor, text simplification, and more.* Changes to the communication layer between your site and WordPress.com, to improve performance and allow you to do more to manage your site from WordPress.com.* Social menu gets icons for Etsy, Meetup, 500px, and Goodreads.* Jetpack data sync now better supports WordPress updates, themes changes, widgets, and multisite networks.* Video is updated to be fully compatible with the upcoming Media Widget.* Force secure WordPress.com API requests for request body, remove deprecated stats methods, and add new endpoints for post listing and user invitations.* Jetpack’s Command Line tools can now output information about the primary Jetpack site owner. Try `wp jetpack status`!* Custom CSS now supports the `animation-fill-mode`, `fill`, and `stroke` properties.* Remove the “Menus” item from the WordPress.com toolbar for parity with the toolbar on WordPress.com.* Improve the display of the Omnisearch results page on sites using an RTL language.* Trim any white space when adding new email address in the Contact Info Widget.* Improve the look of your recipes in search engine result pages, when you use the Recipe shortcode.
* Improve the connection process for end users and hosts.* Improve compatibility of Jetpack data sync with WooCommerce and Pet Manager plugins.* Make sure Jetpack’s SEO Tools don’t conflict with other SEO plugins that may already be active on the site, like Yoast SEO or All In One SEO Pack.
* Add a “Set Up” button when a Personal plan is purchased, but VaultPress isn’t active yet.* When the Ads feature is active, do not display Ads in RSS feeds.* Comments do not use Photon for Facebook and Twitter avatars and now avoid non-secure warnings when submitting comments on a HTTP site in Safari.* Contact form emails are now sent in a way that ensures they are correctly rendered as HTML.* Properly print the full list of modules when using the sync command in Jetpack’s Command Line Interface (CLI).* Avoid errors when reordering a lot of Restaurant menu items at once.* Add a mechanism to detect broken connection states and resolve them.* Autosaves can now be restored as Markdown.* Photon no longer conflicts with Facebook’s CDN, local images, and plugins that customize reponsive images.* Avoid potential PHP notice in Publicize.* Fix bad jQuery selector in Presentations shortcode.* Avoid fatal errors for Social Links on sites running PHP 7.1.* Properly escape button attribute in spellchecker.* Avoid PHP notices for stats on some sites when user roles are not attributed properly.* No longer attempt to sync options that do not exist and avoid fatal errors when de/activating plugins.* Avoid errors when Social Menu functions have already been defined in the theme or in another plugin.* VideoPress media items now always return their unique ID, and do not trigger any PHP notice.* Fix style of the EU Cookie Law Widget on themes with specific positioning.* Use correct time constant to define an hour in Upcoming Events Widget.* Avoid HTML encoding issues in sitemaps.
= 4.9 =
* Release date: May 2nd, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-4Rl
* New “EU Cookie Law Banner”, Flickr, and “Internet Defense League” widgets.
**Slightly Less Exciting Enhancements**
* Success notices are automatically dismissed after a short period.* Removed unused code from “My Jetpack” interface and deprecated an XML-RPC method.* Contact Form now adds display names to email addresses in the `To` header.* Added an updated multiple unit tests increasing code coverage.* Development mode now also shows module list.* Updated the list of locales available in Jetpack.* Plugin auto-updates only triggered from WordPress.com and now trigger WordPress’ maintenance mode.
* Record comment content modifications and moderation events to make sure comments are always up to date on WordPress.com.* Sync post deletions, changes to sidebar, user events (addition, removal, and update) and theme installation.* We now distinguish between a new and an updated attachment.* Sync plugin and theme names when a related event is triggered including theme updates.
* Protect avoid conflicts with other plugins hooking into the log in form.* Contact Form not auto-activated when Ninja Forms is active.* WordPess.com REST API now allows `HTTP PUT` requests.
* Fixed wording in Post By Email button when no email address has been generated.* Fixed a notice in the subscription widget in PHP 7.1* Properly display VaultPress notices in the Jetpack dashboard.* VideoPress now included in search results for “video” and fixed positioning of search icon on mobile screens.* Protect supports IPv6 addresses properly.* Dashboard avoids API requests being cached on some hosts and avoids errors when Spellchecker is inactive.* Contact Form message content type is now set properly to restore compatibility with email plugins.* Ads not displayed in the portfolio projects custom content type.* Display all sites available in a network, even on large multisite installations.* Featured Image is always used in tweets posted via Publicize.* Avoid fatal errors when the exclusion parameter in Related Posts is not a string.* Allow the removal of all custom title settings in the SEO feature.* Make sure images are not distorted when Tiled Galleries uses Photon.* Avoid PHP warnings and errors in the Stats dashboard on Multisite.* Avoid errors when the Jetpack plugin is deleted.
= 4.8.2 =
* Release date: April 7th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-4P0
* Fixed a bug that prevented activating/deactivating of some features in PHP versions below 5.4.* Removed an unused function that was also incompatible with PHP versions below 5.4.* Fixed a bug that was causing a blank Jetpack admin area.
= 4.8.1 =
* Release date: April 5th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-4N5
* An incompatibility with PHP versions lower than 5.4 was introduced in the last release, causing a fatal error and we’ve immediately fixed this.* Sitemaps: Some plugins were relying on a function that was removed in the last release, which has been fixed.* General: Clicking on the info icon in the settings area will no longer jump to the top of the page.* General: The Anti-spam card will always display the correct status in the Jetpack dashboard.
= 4.8 =
* Release date: April 4th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-4gA
* Easier to navigate Jetpack’s feature settings in your dashboard and WordPress.com.* New WordPress.com Toolbar provides quick access to site management, stats, and other services.* New MailChimp Subscribe Popup widget.* Sitemaps are faster and now support sites with a very large amount of posts.* Contact Form now has a plain-text alternative and better avoids spam filters.* Debug form includes extra information to better prioritize your support requests.* Photon can now be used within the dashboard, and supports bbPress topics and replies.
**Slightly Less Exciting Enhancements**
* Improved previously confusing wording in Stats dashboard, and Featured Content options.* You can now embed Apple Keynotes straight from icloud.com in your posts and pages.* Changed Infinite Scroll button text on taxonomy page and added a new filter to short-circuit the `is_last_batch()` method.* Open Graph now uses transients to save image IDs.* You can now use full URLs in the Social Media Icons widget.* Milestone widget now allows custom links to open in a new window.* VideoPress videos can be used as headers in themes that support it, like Twenty Seventeen.* Extracted the timezone offset method from the Upcoming Events widget so it can be used by other features.
* Database load is reduced during updates on large sites with multiple servers by retaining hashes for current and current-1 versions.* Disk storage is reduced on large multisite networks by storing the `jetpack_file_data` option in the `wp_sitemeta` table.* Jetpack plan data now uses the WordPress.com REST API.* Slovakian language files now rely on WordPress.org’s language packs.
* Improved post details clipping for better screen reader support.* Updated custom language packs for multiple languages.
* We now avoid path disclosure via cookies in PHP error messages.
* Removed deprecated functions `get_theme` and `get_current_theme`.* Publicize now works with third-party plugins like WP Recipe Maker.* Open Graph Meta Tags are now enabled when you use the “Head, Footer and Post Injections” plugin.* Better support for WooCommerce data sync and backup.* We now also sync the `sync_via_cron` setting, the user’s chosen language, and WP Super Cache’s globals and constants.* We no longer sync post types from the WordPress Automatic Plugin and RSS AutoPilot to avoid synchronization issues.* Sync settings can now be edited from the WordPress.com REST API to better troubleshoot sync issues.
* Gravatar is always displayed in Settings.* Submenu items always use relative links.* Contact Form avoids PHP notices when using the form in a Text widget.* Content Options now correctly displays single characters word count on sites with multibyte languages.* Administrator area translations fixed for several languages.* Added proper support for Formal/Informal translation versions for languages that support them.* Site Icons are always used as fallback Open Graph Image tags.* Protect removes port number when server returns a port alongside a stored IP address.* Filters ensure that more than 1,024 posts can be excluded from Related Posts.* When the email is already subscribed we now show the correct notification in the subscription form.* When using the Email sharing button, we now avoid syntax errors due to unexpected characters in the from name.* Remove deprecated `jetpack_publicize_post` action.* VideoPress now avoids PHP Notices when fetching video information.* Instagram base URL now uses `www` in the Social Media Icons widget.* All values entered in Facebook Page Plugin widget settings are now escaped.* Widget Visibility now avoids memory issues on sites with a lot of registered users.
= 4.7.1 =
* Release date: March 14th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-48Y
= 4.7 =
* Release date: March 7th, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-46L
* Quickly jump to post specific stats on WordPress.com with a new link.* We’ve added more information to our debug tools to improve your support experience.* New HTML5 versions of our house ads are out.* Display custom copyright EXIF information in the Carousel with this new filter.* We’ve highlighted the ability to export Contact Form feedback as it was being overlooked.* If you have images on WordPress.com we’re going to skip using Photon when the images include resize parameters.* It is now possible to use the Sharing filter to customize the emails sent from the Email Sharing button.* We’ve updated the library powering the Print link in the Recipe shortcode.* Customize the speed and display of your slideshows with new Slideshow shortcode filters.* The Twitch.tv shortcode now uses Twitch’s new embedded player.* Social Menus now come with the option to use SVG icons.* Customize the content of the Display Posts Widget with a new filter.* We’ve added a new email field to the Contact Info Widget.* The Image and the Text widgets now use Photon if it is enabled.* The WordPress.com REST API got several updates including using `register_rest_route()` consistently for registering, new date and time format settings, a filter for theme info results, new links and endpoints, and more.* We cleaned up the Google+ Shortcode JS library and added a way to filter the SlideShare shortcode.
* Experience better performance with single page load caching of the media summary.* We made some improvements to avoid slow queries on sites with thousands of images.* The Top Posts widget now utilizes an endpoint from the WP.com REST API improving performance.* Improve development mode performance by only calling `site_url()` once.* We rewrote the way major/minor rules lists are generated to save bandwidth, and memory for sites using Widget Visibility.* We’ve removed sync options that weren’t needed to save memory during the sync process.
* We’ve improved the highlight of the stats range for a better visual experience and to make it consistent with other areas of the dashboard.* Added a missing label to one of the fields in the Email sharing dialog.* We’ve enabled keyboard focus styling in the new admin interface.* Increased padding to sharing buttons on mobile to avoid usability issues.* We’ve replaced Widget Visibility text labels with icons to improve usability on smaller devices.
**Slightly Less Exciting Enhancements:**
* We’ve added a filter to allow you to remove the Comment Form title.* The Development Mode notice got an update to include all possible options to activate Development mode.* Jetpack registration function got an update and cleanup.* A notice displayed to WooCommerce store owners now detects when WooCommerce Services is installed, but not active.* We’ve removed the Holiday Snow settings until you need them.* Improved Infinite Scroll settings to reduce confusion.* The HTML classes `infinite-scroll` and `neverending` are now applied using JS instead of PHP.* We’ve updated the support link appearing when you’re locked out of your site.* New Unit Tests were added to make sure Publicize doesn’t break when making changes to the Publicize process.* We’ve added a sync filter to allow customizing timeout.* The Top Posts widget now supports non-square image sizes.* Added the Video GUID to the media API endpoint.
* Fixed some W3C validation errors in Comments.* Infinite Scroll now works beautifully with the Twenty Seventeen Theme.* Translate new terms easier with an improvement to the translator comments.* We switched to use Core functions to retrieve the list of sites in a multisite network for more accurate results.* We added Product visibility to post meta whitelist, for better control of products displayed in Related Posts.* We no longer sync specific post meta data added by Postman or WP RSS Multi Importer to avoid performance issues during the sync process.* We’re now avoiding conflicts with plugins adding the core Video upload library to the post editor.* Removed deprecated compatibility code for older versions of WordPress.* We had some Shortcode conflicts with WordPress Post embeds, but that’s been fixed.
= 4.6 =
* Release date: February 7, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-40g
**New Features and Improvements**
* Enable Google Analytics without touching a line of code with this new Jetpack feature.
* We’ve updated all outbound links to use HTTPS to improve performance and security.* Photon now leverages a new WordPress core function to improve performance a bit.
* Keep an eye out for a note from WooCommerce on how your e-commerce store may benefit from our new USPS and CanadaPost shipping functionality.* We’ve added an error message if Publicize isn’t functioning as it should be.* The Twitter Widget timeline now displays the tweet limit count as 20, prior to this it appeared to have no limit.
**Slightly Less Exciting Enhancements:**
* In an effort to help us better understand features that are being used, Twitter’s timeline widget and Twitter’s shortcodes now pass Jetpack’s partner ID.* We’ve added new API endpoints allowing us to enable translation auto-updates and pull post rows and metadata for backups.* We’re now retrieving all feature settings in the readable `/settings` endpoint.
* We’ve eliminated some notices and warnings when using Jetpack on a server running PHP 7.1 or on servers where `print_r()` is disabled.* Photon now avoids PHP notices when your site is using plugins that do srcset CDN replacement.* When the sharing options appear to be incorrect due to site configuration issues we force it to retrieve the right options avoiding potential fatal errors.* We’ve added some shortcode CSS and widget class names prefixes to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
* Some sites were using illegal multibyte characters and failing to sync posts, this has been fixed.* IE11 was giving our admin layout a bit of a problem but we rectified that.* There were some PHP notices popping up when a site has no posts so we got rid of them.* The new Jetpack Ads feature will auto disable itself if your Jetpack plan doesn’t support the feature.* We fixed a few PHP notices and warnings related to the Custom CSS feature.* The connection banner’s “dismiss” icon was giving us a little trouble, but we got it fixed right up.* The Likes feature was showing a PHP notice when there was no $post object, this has been fixed.* We’ve brought back the Twitter Widget “noscrollbar” option.* We’re now forcing only Photon URLs to HTTPS as your custom CDN URLs may use a different protocol.* If a Publicize connection is not shared with all users on the site, do not trigger Publicize for the other users.* Publicize was having trouble working with scheduled posts, this should be fixed now.* SSO may not have been displaying the login form when using JSON API authorization. Sorry about that, we’ve fixed it.* We’ve eliminated some PHP notices that were showing with some Shortcodes.* There was a Top Posts Widget image size issue when using list layouts, but is no longer causing issues.* We fixed some notices and warnings when updating data from the WordPress.com central interface.
= 4.5 =
* Release date: January 17, 2017* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3Kc
This release introduces a brand-new module, Jetpack Ads, a brand-new VideoPress feature, and a lot of new shortcodes and widgets.
**Exciting New Features and Improvements:**
* Generate revenue from your site with an all-new WordAds feature, which when enabled displays high-quality ads for your visitors.* Today we are proud to release a fully redesigned VideoPress interface for easy uploading, management, and add-free playback of your fantastic videos now fully integrated with your Jetpack Premium or Professional plans.* Spice up your sidebar with new widgets that display blog stats, author info, “Follow my blog” buttons, and even an event countdown.* Embed your amazing 360° photos with the VR shortcode* Link your visitors to your Tumblr or Twitch pages using the new icons in the Social Media Icons Widget.
* Use the beautiful Jetpack carousel feature to display single images.* Turn on and update Related Posts right from the Customizer.* Customize the output of the Related Posts headline using a new filter.
**Performance and Security Improvements:**
* Your Custom CSS will now be served in a separate stylesheet when it is more than 2,000 characters.* Your Stats queries are now always being made over HTTPS.* Holiday Snow files now load in the footer, but rest assured the snow still falls from above.* We have improved Jetpack’s synchronization process to support more plugins and use less resources.* The jQuery Cycle script used by slideshow galleries is now minified, resulting in faster loading times.
**Slightly Less Exciting Enhancements:**
* The JSON API now allows updating translations and alternative theme installation methods.* Public Custom Post Types are now automatically available via the WordPress.com REST API.* We’ve added a token-based authentication mechanism to the REST API in order for the site to be able to receive authenticated requests from WordPress.com.* Use `sync` commands in Jetpack’s WP CLI.* You can now set the value for options directly in the Contact Form shortcode.* Updated some verbiage around IP Whitelisting on the Protect settings screen.* Custom sharing buttons got some new variables.* RIP blip.tv — we’ve removed your shortcode.* Improved Image and Display Posts Widget settings to provide more explanation and better error messages.* We’ve added a few new Content Options to the Customizer for supported themes.* Improved the Facebook Widget to avoid confusion when editing width and height settings.* Added and improved a few shortcodes.
* If your server is misconfigured and we can’t get an IP address we’re going to deactivate Protect and send you a notice so you’re in the loop.* The WPML compatibility file wasn’t loading at the right time, but we’ve fixed that.* We’ve improved compatibility with tools like Cavalcade to avoid stuck Cron jobs.* Some selected WooCommerce data (order items and order item meta) are now syncing to WordPress.com.
* You’ll notice numerous design improvements to the Jetpack UI.* Accessibility is important to us so we’ve made some improvements there.* Missing attachments in the Carousel were causing an infinite loop, but we’ve corrected that.* Eliminated a PHP Notice when running the CLI `wp jetpack` command.* PHP warnings in the Restaurant Menu Post type have seen their last day with us.* Fixed a bug that displayed the wrong connected user for up to 24 hours after they disconnected.* Removed a deprecated function to prevent notices when using Infinite Scroll in the Customizer.* Long titles in Jetpack widgets weren’t looking so great, so we cleaned them up.* Before now you weren’t able to create a child category from WordPress.com. Now you can!* Rogue colons were showing up in the related posts area on sites with the Twenty Fourteen and Twenty Sixteen themes.* Fixed a ReCaptcha error on the Email sharing button.* Confirmed Instagram embeds actually load when using Infinite Scroll.* Site Icons now display on the WordPress.com site management interface.* Set a default time limit of 30 seconds when sending sync requests via Cron.* Synchronized supported shortcodes on a site.* Fixed an issue where empty categories weren’t showing with the Widget Visibility feature dropdown.* Fixed various little bugs when working with multiple widgets in the Customizer and in the Widgets admin screen.* Added a Translate Widget default title in case you haven’t defined one.* The Top Posts Widget now avoids layout issues when using the Grid layout while displaying a post without an image.
= 4.4.2 =
* Release date: December 6, 2016* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3JR
This release improves Jetpack compatibility with WordPress 4.7.
* Custom CSS: Made the Custom CSS feature of Jetpack compatible with the CSS Customizer editor in WordPress 4.7.* Sync: improved compatibility with the wp-missed-schedule plugin.
* Featured Content: made sure there is no infinite loop when removing the featured tag from the tag list.* Admin: made sure help tabs are not being hidden.* Admin: made At a Glance page work nicely when there is no backup data yet.* Sync: now making sure that needed classes are loaded, preventing errors.* Sync: cleared out unneeded scheduled jobs.
= 4.4.1 =
* Release date: November 22, 2016* Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3JR
* Fixed an issue where some users with slower servers would get an error onthe Jetpack dashboard when `WP_DEBUG` was enabled.* Fixed an issue where users on a Jetpack Professional plan who were payingmonthly (as opposed to annually) wouldn’t be able to enable SEO Tools.
= 4.4 =
* Release date: November 21, 2016* Release post: http://wp.me/p5U9nj-2Ow
* Additional unit tests have been added to improve Jetpack’s development process and stability.* Custom post types have been added to the WP REST API output.* Many of the screenshots throughout the plugin have been replaced by SVGs in order to make Jetpack smaller.* New endpoints have been added to allow the installation of plugin and theme zip files via the API.* Twelve new filters to make Jetpack more extensible! See: http://wp.me/p5U9nj-2Ow.* New widget: “Google Translate” to allow users to translate your site into their own language.* New widget: “My Community” where you can see who recently interacted with your site.* One of the biggest issues facing Jetpack users for years now has been difficulties in moving sites from one domain name to another. This update makes strides towards improving that process.* Photon now uses HTTPS by default. Secure all the things!* There are now helpful hints throughout the admin interface to make Jetpack easier to use.* We now allow you to embed pins, boards and profiles from Pinterest.* We’ve added a new feature: SEO Tools, available to Jetpack Professional subscribers. You can read more about our plans here: https://jetpack.com/features/* We’ve made numerous improvements to the data sync process.
* Fixed link to Akismet settings.* Improved compatibility between Infinite Scroll and WPML.* Move email notification settings back with the other email settings in the Discussion Settings.* Various minor performance/compatibility fixes.
= 4.3.2 =
* Release date: October 13, 2016
* Unsaved changes were getting lost when users were navigating away from settings so we put in a confirmation message to prevent this from happening.* We’ve stopped counting carousel views in stats by default, you can use the `jetpack_enable_carousel_stats` filter to enable counting them again.* Stats are now responding faster.* There were several improvements and repairs made to sync including additional endpoints, performance enhancements, whitelisted data, better decision making around when to sync information, and more.* Markdown now has a CSS class on footnotes.
* We’ve improved compatibility with Kinsta by automatically turning on Staging Mode for Jetpack when in a staging environment.
= 4.3.1 =
* Release date: September 8, 2016
* We’re now syncing data about hosts so that we can provide better supportwhen needed.* Minor update to inline docs to match version numbers.
* Admin Page: fix error when Admin Page resources could not be fetched with`wp_remote_get` due to unique host configurations.* Admin Page: fix error when Post By Email could not be enabled when thebrowser’s dev console was enabled.* Admin Page: make sure all translated strings are encoded properly.* Admin Page: only use POST requests for updating the state of Jetpack, toavoid issues on servers not allowing PUT requests.* Admin Page: search icon no longer overlaps the global notices.* Admin Page: make sure that non-admins can also modify Spellcheckingsettings.* Admin Page: check that a json language file like jetpack-en_US.json isreadable before loading its contents and thus avoid a PHP warning.* General: Improve random number generation for compatibility with more hosts.* General: Add deprecated PHP file (class.jetpack-landing-page.php) back as anempty file, to avoid generating fatal errors on sites with aggressive caching.* General: Ensure concatenated CSS is generated for RTL languages.* Security: Ensure that all options are included on the security tab.* Stats: fix display for sites with pretty permalinks disabled.* Subscriptions: ensure that no email is sent when updating a published post.* Sync: To improve performance, add snapTW to the list of post meta data thatwon’t be synchronized for each post.* Sync: do not schedule a full sync after each import.* Verification Tools: in the Settings card, use appropriate link for eachservice.
= 4.3 =
* Release date: September 6th, 2016
**Exciting Performance and UI Improvements:**
* We have launched the all new React powered interface, a year in the making,designed to give you better control of your favorite Jetpack features.
= 4.2.2 =
* Release date: August 19th, 2016
* We fixed the code which displays the Facebook share count to accomodateFacebook’s new data structure.* We fixed an issue which caused PHP notices to get logged for users of theTwenty Fourteen theme.* We fixed an issue with the Minileven mobile theme which was preventing itfrom loading.* Improved Sync performance.* Increase security by sanitizing a URL used in the SSO process.
= 4.2.1 =
* Release date: August 17th, 2016
* We fixed a conflict between Jetpack and W3 Total Cache.* We fixed some issues with Publicize and Custom Post Types.* Very large Multisite networks with lots of users can now be synchronizedwith WordPress.com.* We improved the synchronization process between your site and WordPress.com.
= 4.2 =
* Release date: August 10th, 2016
* We’ve improved Jetpack’s performance by making calls to the database moreefficient; essentially, Jetpack is doing less on each page load, making thingsfaster. #4281, #4316* We’ve ensured that every feature uses information that is up to date bycompletely refactoring the way information was synchronized between your siteand WordPress.com.* We’ve improved the way Jetpack queries for information about features, whichresults in less overall queries.
**Exciting Feature and UI Improvements:**
* We now track your visitor views of Carousel images in stats.* You can now customize advanced typographic settings like ligatures in theCustom CSS editor with new support for the `font-feature-settings` property.* We’ve improved the experience when you don’t actually have enough posts toInfinitely Scroll.* Our Contact Info Widget allows you to enter a Google Maps API Key which isnow required by Google if you want to display a map.
* We’re continuing our efforts to harden Jetpack security, by implementing the`hash_equals()` function to avoid timing attacks when comparing strings. Wealso improved security on CSVs exported from your contact form.
**Slightly Less Exciting Feature Improvements:**
* The Cartodb shortcode has been changed to match the new product name, Carto.* The YouTube shortcode now uses the content width defined by the theme whenavailable, even if an embed size was defined in an old version of WordPress.* Breadcrumbs now support hierarchical post types and taxonomies.* We’ve added the Portfolio Post Type to the WordPress.com REST API whitelist.* There are a few new parameters for the Dailymotion shortcode.
* We now work well with WP Stagecoach staging sites, so you should not see anyfuture impact on production sites.* We had some PHP notices popping up in the WooCommerce plugin wizard screen,these are gone.
* We stopped loading compatibility stylesheets on the default theme’s singularviews for Infinite Scroll.* Debug tests forwarded through the contact form in the Jetpack Debug menu arenow successfully sent to the support team.* We’ve removed the PHP notices you might have seen when moderating comments.* There are no longer PHP notices cropping up when publishing via Cron.* We’ve fixed the official Sharing buttons so they now line up just right.* The PHP warnings of Sitemaps stylesheets have been eliminated.* We’ve done away with the warnings that appeared when Tonesque processes afile which claims to be one filetype, but is actually another.* We’ve exterminated PHP notices that appeared when using Random Redirect, aswell as when the author wasn’t set.
= 4.1.1 =
* Release date: July 7th, 2016
* SSO: Use high-resolution Gravatar images on the log-in form on Retinadevices.* Publicize: improve reliability of Publicize when publishing new posts.
= 4.1 =
* Release date: July 6th, 2016* Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3jd
* Carousel no longer loads full-size images in the previous and next previews,increasing the speed and performance of slideshows.* We’ve improved Jetpack’s performance by making calls to the database moreefficient; essentially, Jetpack is doing less on each page load, making thingsfaster.* We’ve improved Photon dev mode, eliminating unnecessary attempts to syncimages.
**Exciting Feature and UI Improvements:**
* We’re continuing our efforts to harden Jetpack security by implementing the`hash_equals()` function in an effort to avoid timing attacks when comparingstrings.* We’ve made it easier to use SSL connections on ports `80` and `443`,improving our ability to communicate with an increased number of securewebsites.* You will now receive a warning for any failed attempts when connecting yourwebsite via SSL.
**Slightly Less Exciting Feature Improvements:**
* Updated the Infinite Scroll settings verbiage, which was a bit confusing.* Removed Jetpack Audio Shortcode, which is no longer in use.* Redesigned Jetpack banner notices to match core notification styles.* Added an icon on a connected Jetpack user’s profile page, next to theirname.* Added the ability to edit Portfolio custom-post-type options in theCustomizer.* Added a new filter called `jetpack_publicize_capability` which allows you tooverride user role restrictions for Publicize.* Improved the connection process between Jetpack and WordPress.com making iteasier to start using Manage.* Updated the Top Posts Widget so you can use and display posts that are olderthan 10 days.* Updated the Twitter Timeline Widget to support updates made by Twitter.* Improved the VideoPress Shortcode modal.* Updated VideoPress, which now defaults to HTML5 videos when the `freedom`shortcode parameter is in use.* Improved how Jetpack syncs by removing mock options.* Updated the naming convention for feedback posts.* Updated several JSON API endpoints to match WordPress.com endpoints, addedsupport for custom taxonomies, and enabled trash as a valid status for thepost update endpoint.
* A community member found and fixed a compatibility issue with our Open GraphMeta Tags and Bitly’s older plugin — we now check to make sure we don’tcreate conflicts.* We’ve fixed a rare scenario where an error would occur when other plugins orsites were using the `JETPACK__GLOTPRESS_LOCALES_PATH` constant.
= 4.0.4 =Release date: June 20th, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3eT
* Post By Email: Added an additional layer of security to prevent unauthorizedchanges to Post By Email settings.* Likes: Fixed an XSS vulnerability in the Likes module.* REST API/Contact Form: We’ve eliminated unauthenticated access to Feedbackposts.
* Customizing Protect: We’ve increased Protect’s response time and added a newfilter, `jetpack_protect_connect_timeout`, reducing the likelihood of seeingthe fall back form.* Connection Process: Your site url and icon are displayed on the Jetpackconnection screens to help improve communication.* Jetpack for Multisite: It’s now easier to manage your Jetpack connections onthe network admin screen.* Photon Responsive Image Improvements: We’re now auto-generating new scrsetoptions, improving how images served from Photon are handled.* Developing on Kinsta: A new constant has been added to improve developingwith Jetpack on a staging environment hosted with Kinsta.
Jetpack UI Improvements:
* Better Access to Our Support Team: We wanted to make it easier for you toget help so we added a contact form in the admin that links directly to ourJetpack Support Team.
* We’ve stopped adding Open Graph Meta tags if you’re using the SEO Frameworkplugin.* Having both GlotPress and Jetpack active at the same time was causingerrors, we’ve eliminated them.
= 4.0.3 =Release date: May 26th, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3hm
* Important security update. Please upgrade immediately.
= 4.0.2 =Release date: April 21st, 2016
* Addresses an issue where Jetpack 4.0 caused a fatal error on sites withspecific configurations.
= 4.0 =Release date: April 20th, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3dL
* Protect: the routine that verifies your site is protected from brute-forceattacks got some love and is more efficient.* Contact Forms: cleaning the database of spam form submission records is moreefficient.
* VideoPress: edit your VideoPress shortcode in the editor with a fancy newmodal options window.* Custom Content Types are now classier: a new CSS class on Testimonialfeatured images — has-testimonial-thumbnail — allows you to customize Jetpackcustom post types as you see fit.* Sharing: social icons are now placed under the “add to cart” singularproduct views in WooCommerce, making it easier for customers to share yourproducts on social media.* Theme Tools: search engines will now have an easier time knowing what pagethey are on, and how that page relates to the other pages in your sitehierarchy with improved schema.org microdata for breadcrumbs.* Widget Visibility: now you can select widgets and when to show or hide themright from custom post type single and archive views.
Jetpack UI Improvements:
* What’s in it for me? We’ve done a better job explaining the benefits ofJetpack and connecting it to WordPress.com.* Shortcodes: handy links to shortcode documentation convey the types of mediayou can quickly and safely embed.* Widgets: As of WordPress 4.5, Jetpack widgets now refresh in the customizerwithout making you refresh the entire page. Live previews, yes indeed.
* Comments: we fixed a mistake where a comment subscription checkbox appearedon custom post types — despite the fact you couldn’t actually subscribe tothose types of comments. Our bad.* Contact Forms: we fixed a bug where the telephone field (which can only beadded manually) rendered incorrectly — breaking some forms in the process.* General: we blocked direct access to the Jetpack_IXR_Client class whichcaused fatal PHP errors in some server setups.* Shortcodes: we removed the frameborder attribute in the YouTube embed code.It was deprecated in HTML 5.* Unminified responsive-videos.min.js in order to address a false positivevirus alert in ClamAV. Expect it to be re-minified in 4.0.3 once we resolvethe issue with ClamAV.
= 3.9.6 =Release date: March 31st, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3bz
Bug fix: Shortcodes: fixed incorrect Vimeo embed logic.
= 3.9.5 =Release date: March 31st, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-3bz
This release features several WordPress 4.5 compatibility changes that makeseveral Jetpack features work properly in the Customizer view. Big thanks to@westonruter for contributing the code!
Other enhancements and bug fixes:
* Contact Form: no longer calling the datepicker method if it’s not available.* SSO: settings checkboxes now honor filters and constants that restrictcertain sign-in modes.* Shortcodes: fixed a problem with Gist fetching.* Shortcodes: fixed invalid HTML5 markup in YouTube embed code.* Shortcodes: made the Vimeo links work properly in case of multiple mixeduses in one post.
= 3.9.4 =Release date: March 10th, 2016Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-396
Bug fix: Shortcodes: Addresses an issue with embedded Vimeo content
= 3.9.3 =Release date: March 9th, 2016Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-396
* Site Logo now supports Custom Logo – a theme tool to be introduced inWordPress 4.5.
* Carousel: Made the full size image URL use a Photon URL if enabled.* Comments: Removed an unnecessary redirect by always connecting via HTTPS.* General: Added new actions that fire before automatic updates.* Infinite Scroll: Introduced a later filter for settings.* Infinite Scroll: Removed code that is now redundant due to WordPress Core.* Markdown: Removed deprecated markup from the output.* Publicize: Improved handling of featured images in posts.* Shortcodes: Added houzz.com support.* Sitemaps: Added a language attribute to the news sitemap.* Sitemaps: Improved the image retrieval mechanism for posts.* Widgets: Added new filters in the Top Posts Widget code.* Widgets: Cleaned up the CSS for the Subscription widget.
* Comments: No longer reloading the page on clicking the reply button.* Contact Forms: Fixed a fatal error on missing metadata.* Contact Forms: Fixed message formatting for plaintext email clients.* Shortcodes: Fixed dimensions of Vimeo embeds in certain cases.* Shortcodes: Fixed warnings and allowed shorter style Vimeo embeds.* Shortcodes: Removed alignment markup from feeds for YouTube embeds.* Sitemaps: Made URLs display properly according to the permalink structure.* Stats: Fixed non-XHTML-valid markup.* Widgets: No longer showing errors when adding new instances of the DisplayPost Widget.
= 3.9.2 =Release date: February 25th, 2016Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-2Ei
Maintenance and Security Release
* Beautiful Math: fix XSS vulnerability when parsing LaTeX markup within HTMLelements.* Contact Form: do not save private site credentials in post meta. Thanks to@visualdatasolutions.
* Contact Info: Added two hooks for adding arbitrary information to thewidget.* Development: Added new possibilities for REST API debugging.* Embeds: Added Codepen embeds support.* Embeds: Added Sketchfab embeds support.* I18n: Added support for translation packages for the Finnish language.* Markdown: Added a filter to enable skipping processing of developer suppliedpatterns.* Related Posts: Added a filter to change heading markup.* Staging: Added a constant to force staging mode.* Staging: Added a notice to make staging mode more obvious.* Top Posts Widget: Added a new `
= 3.9.1 =Release date: January 21st, 2016
* General: Addresses a namespacing issue which was causing conflicts on somehosting providers.* Sitemaps: Added MSM-Sitemap to the list of plugins which, if installed, willprevent Jetpack Sitemaps from being used
= 3.9 =Release date: January 20th, 2016Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-29R
* New sharing button: let users share your content using Skype.* New “Social Menu” theme tool that uses Genericons to display Social Links.* Sitemap support for better search engine indexing.
* Contact Form: Added a new filter that allows you to change the “Required”text.* General: Hidden archived sites in multisite site list.* General: Removed several function calls that would be deprecated inWordPress 4.5.* Infinite Scroll: Added a new filter to check if Infinite Scroll has beentriggered.* Likes: Added a conditional to ensure WordPress 4.5 compatibility.* Photon: Improved compatibility with responsive images feature added inWordPress 4.4.* Photon: Now enabled by default on sites using HTTPS.* REST API: Extended the ability to manage users from WordPress.com.* REST API: Increased the performance of the plugin update endpoint.* Responsive Videos: Centering videos when they are wrapped in a centeredparagraph.* Sharing: Added a new filter to customize the default OpenGraph description.* Shortcodes: Added Wistia oEmbed support.* Shortcodes: Bandcamp: Added support for new attributes for tracks approvedby artists.* Shortcodes: Improved Medium path format recognition.* Slideshow: Improved compatibility with older IE versions.* Staging: Improved staging environment detection.* Widgets: Added “width” option to the Facebook Page widget.* Widgets: Added size parameters to tags in Top Posts to avoid warnings.* Widgets: Introduced major performance and stability improvements to theDisplay Posts Widget.* Widgets: Refactored to remove deprecated code patterns.
* AtD: Fixed replacing emojis with images in the text editor in Chrome.* AtD: Made pre tags be excluded from spell-checking.* CPT: Not registering Nova if it is already registered.* Carousel: Fixed a bug where full size images were not always served byPhoton.* Carousel: Reverted a change that broke direct link to carousel image.* Contact Form: Fixed a CSV export bug with multiple choice questions.* Contact Form: Fixed notices when creating feedback entries without a contactform.* General: Fixed a scrolling bug on modal window closing.* Infinite Scroll: Disabled in the Customizer when previewing a non-activetheme.* Publicize: Fixed notices appearing with bbPress or BuddyPress installed.* Publicize: Showing options only to users that can change them.* Related Posts: Fixed incorrect URLs generated for posts.* Responsive Videos: Fixed warnings in debug mode.* Shortcodes: Bandcamp: Fixed a problem with large track IDs.* Shortcodes: Fixed a problem with dynamic Gist embeds.* Stats: Fixed dashboard widget resize problem.* Widgets: Added a fallback to English US when a locale isn’t supported byFacebook.* Widgets: Fixed layout for Twenty Sixteen.
= 3.8.2 =Release date: December 17th, 2015Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-26v
Jetpack 3.8.2 is here to squash a few annoying bugs.
* Photon: Fixed a bug where some custom thumbnail image sizes weren’t beingsized properly.* Shortcodes: Fixed an incompatibility with how WordPress renders the YouTubeshortcode.* Shortcodes: Tightened up security in the Wufoo shortcode.* Image Widget: Now shows the caption.* Fixed typos in inline docs.* Very minor fixes to: Carousel, Publicize, Google+, and Infinite Scroll.
= 3.8.1 =Release date: December 1st, 2015Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-23V
Jetpack 3.8.1 is here and is fully compatible with WordPress 4.4.
* Photon + Responsive Images FTW.* Fully compatible with Twenty Sixteen.* More accessibility enhancements.* Dropped some weight by optimizing Jetpack’s plugin images.
* Comments: filter to allow disabling comments per post type.
* Carousel: Stop page from scrolling to top when Carousel is closed.* Carousel: Browser compatibility fixes with older version of IE.* Markdown: Fixed a bug that would strip markdown when saving in “Quick Edit”mode.* Single Sign On: Fixed login always redirecting to the admin dashboard.* Subscriptions: Filter to allow per-post emails fixed for use in themes.
= 3.8.0 =Release date: November 4th, 2015Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1VN
We’re happy to introduce Jetpack 3.8, which has significant contributions fromthe Jetpack community. Read more about it here: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1VN
* New Google+ Badge Widget. Display your profile, page, or community Google+badge.* New twitch.tv shortcode embeds. Display a Twitch.tv stream in your posts.* Accessibility enhancements.* A handful of new filters to allow further customization of Jetpack.
* Carousel: Added support to retrieve image dimensions from an image url.* Carousel: Simpler algorithm to detect shutter speeds.* Contact Form: New “Checkbox with Multiple Items” field available in theContact Form.* Contact Form: Allow pre-filling form fields with URL parameters.* Contact Form: Better styling of the emailed form responses.* Performance: Replaced some custom-built functions with core’s nativefunctions.* Related Posts: New filter to add post classes to post’s container class.* Sharing: New filter to choose if sharing meta box should be shown.* Sharing: New filter to allow sharing button markup to be editable.* Sharing: New filter to allow you to specify a custom Facebook app ID.* Social Media Icons Widget: Added option for YouTube username as well asChannel ID.* Social Media Icons Widget: Added Google+ icon.* Social Media Icons Widget: New filter to allow you to add your own socialmedia icons and links.* Subscriptions: Better errors to your visitors if their subscription sign-upfails.* Subscriptions: Removed “widget” class from Subs shortcode form.
* Carousel: Fixed browser back/forward button behavior.* Contact Form: Allow the email field to be set to empty when building form inpost editor.* Facebook Likebox Widget: Fixed an issue where some languages were nottranslating.* Facebook Likebox Widget: Return a language when none found.* General: Fixed some minor styling issues in the Jetpack admin areas.* General: Add missing parameter to the_title filter call.* General: Prevent scrolling of body when the Jetpack admin modals are opened.* General: Update doc to reflect that Open Graph filterjetpack_enable_opengraph has been deprecated in favor ofjetpack_enable_open_graph.* Infinite Scroll: Fixed an error that sometimes occurred that would stopposts from loading.* JSON API: Fixed some undefined notices when publishing a post with the API.* Open Graph: Fixed bug where facebook description content was sometimes beingpolluted by a filter.* Sharing: Use full SSL Pinterest url instead of protocol relative.* Sharing: Fixed plus signs appearing in tweets shared from iOS.* Shortcodes: Prefer HTTPS for video embeds to avoid mixed content warnings.* Subscriptions Widget: Fix HTML Validation error.* Theme Tools: Check oEmbeds for the presence of a video before adding theresponsive videos filter.* Tiled Galleries: Add image alt attribute if there is a title set. This wasbreaking some screen reader functionality.
= 3.7.2 =Release date: September 29th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1LB
* Bug Fix: REST API: Fixed an error when saving drafts and publishing posts
= 3.7.1 =Release date: September 28th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1LB
* Enhancement: General: Added inline documentation for various filters andfunctions* Enhancement: General: Added custom capabilities for module management onmulti-site installs* Enhancement: General: Cleaned up old changelog entries from readme* Enhancement: General: Cleaned up unused i18n textdomains* Enhancement: General: Updated the new settings page to look better invarious translations* Enhancement: REST API: Added new endpoints to manage users* Enhancement: Sharing: Updated the Google logo* Bug Fix: Carousel: Page scroll no longer disappears after closing thecarousel* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fields are sent and displayed in the correct order* Bug Fix: Contact Form: No longer showing a notice on AJAX actions infeedback lists* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Made using more than two notification emails possible* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Mitigate a potential stored XSS vulnerability. Thanksto Marc-Alexandre Montpas (Sucuri)* Bug Fix: General: Mitigate a potential information disclosure. Thanks toJaime Delgado Horna* Bug Fix: General: Fixed a locale error in the notifications popout* Bug Fix: General: Fixed a possible fatal error in the client area* Bug Fix: General: Fixed compatibility issues with certain use cases* Bug Fix: General: Disabled connection warnings for multisites with domainmapping* Bug Fix: General: Updated translations for correct link display in adminnotices* Bug Fix: REST API: Fixed a fatal error in one of the endpoints* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixed OpenGraph tags for Instagram embeds* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixed compatibility issues with bbPress* Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Fixed a fatal error in case of a missing tag
= 3.7.0 =Release date: September 9th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1JB
* New admin page interface to easily configure Jetpack* Added staging site support for testing a connected Jetpack site
* Enhancement: CLI: Added a possibility to change all options withconfirmation for some of them* Enhancement: Gallery: Added filters to allow new gallery types to bedeclared* Enhancement: General: Added inline documentation for actions, filters, etc.* Enhancement: General: Changed class variable declarations keyword from varto public* Enhancement: General: Made the Settings page module toggle buttons moreaccessible* Enhancement: General: The admin bar now loads new notifications popout* Enhancement: General: Renamed some modules to avoid redundant prefixes* Enhancement: General: Switched to the WordPress Core’s spinner image* Enhancement: General: Updated the bot list* Enhancement: Manage: Added the ability to activate a network-wide plugin ona single site from WordPress.com* Enhancement: Photon: Added a way to check image URLs against custom domains* Enhancement: Photon: Added prompts on the media upload page telling the userabout Photon* Enhancement: Publicize: Added width and height values to OpenGraph tags fordefault images* Enhancement: Related Posts: Added a filter to allow disabling nofollow* Enhancement: REST API: Added new API endpoints to extend API functionality* Enhancement: REST API: Added new fields to existing API endpoints* Enhancement: Sharing: Added a possibility to opt-out of sharing for a singlepost* Enhancement: Sharing: Added bbPress support* Enhancement: Sharing: Added more configuration to the Likes modal* Enhancement: Sharing: Made the reddit button open a new tab* Enhancement: Sharing: Removed unused files* Enhancement: Shortcodes: Added auto embed option inside comments* Enhancement: Shortcodes: Added autohide parameter to the YouTube shortcode* Enhancement: Subscriptions: added an action that triggers at the end of thesubscription process* Enhancement: VideoPress: Videos are now embedded using a new player* Enhancement: Widget Visibility: Added parent page logic* Enhancement: Widget Visibility: Added support for split terms* Enhancement: Widgets: Added actions to the Social Media widget* Enhancement: Widgets: Switched the Display Posts widget to the new APIversion* Bug Fix: General: Fixed scrolling to top after modal window closing* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Added a check for cases when output buffering isdisabled* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Added translation to the copyright message* Bug Fix: Manage: Fixed automatic update synchronization on WordPressmultisite network admin* Bug Fix: Manage: Redirects back to WordPress.com are allowed from thecustomizer view* Bug Fix: Media: Fixed duplicate images bug in the Media Extractor* Bug Fix: Publicize: Made it possible to remove previously set message* Bug Fix: Sharing: Added a thumbnail image to OpenGraph tags on pages withDailyMotion embeds* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixed Twitter Cards tags escaping* Bug Fix: Sharing: Made OpenGraph tags for title and description use properpunctuation* Bug Fix: Sharing: Made sure Likes can be disabled on the front page* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Fixed Facebook embeds by placing the scipt in thefooter* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Fixed PollDaddy shortcode issues over SSL connections* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Made responsive video wrappers only wrap video embeds* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Made SoundCloud accept percents for dimensions* Bug Fix: Social Links: Fixed a possible conflict with another class* Bug Fix: Stats: Made sure the Stats URL is always escaped properly
= 3.6.1 =Release Date: July 24, 2015
* Enhancement: Fully compatible with upcoming WordPress 4.3* Enhancement: Site Icon: Start to deprecate Site Icon in favor of Core’sversion (if available)* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: You can now use more than one Subscription form on asingle page* Bug Fix: Quieted PHP notices and warnings with the JSON API, Display PostsWidget and Gallery Widget (slideshow mode)* Bug Fix: Correct permissions check for connection panel* Hardening: Increase permissions checks
= 3.6 =Release Date: July 6th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1ua
* CLI: Add a number of Jetpack CLI improvements: seehttp://jetpack.com/support/jetpack-cli* New Jetpack admin page for connection management* New Social Media Icons widget* FB Like Box: A visual refresh of the Facebook likebox widget* Protect: When your IP is blocked, use a math captcha as a fallback insteadof a complete block
* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Add more Flexbox support and other enhancements* Enhancement: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Top Posts Widget: Choose what Post Typesto display* Enhancement: General: Save on some requests! print CSS inline when thereisn’t much of it* Enhancement: Likes: Likes can now be shown on all post types* Enhancement: Minileven: Add Featured Image to Gallery Post Format and Pages* Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add div wrapping View Mobile Site link to allowfor easier CSS customizations* Enhancement: Omnisearch: Link to edit post in titles* Enhancement: Protect: Learn Trusted Headers locally and cache blocksproperly* Enhancement: REST API: Add locale support* Enhancement: Sharing: Retire StumbleUpon* Enhancement: Sharing: Upgrade to reCAPTCHA 2.0 for Email Sharing* Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: Add Mesh oembed support* Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: New Wufoo Shortcode from WordPress.com* Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: Mixcloud: handle accented characters in URLs* Enhancement: Site Logo: Adding itemprops to support logo schema.* Enhancement: Slideshow Gallery: New parameters *size* and *autostart** Enhancement: Slideshow Gallery: Use more reliable CSS for resizing insteadof js* Enhancement: Stats: No longer track stats for preview pages* Enhancement: Tiled Gallery: Improve the shapes and distributions of shapesin the Tiled Gallery, based on observations for its usage.* Enhancement: Protect: Whitelist for multisite globally and locally* Enhancement: Sharing: LinkedIn always uses https for share counts. (savedextra http request)* Bug Fix: Carousel: Jetpack Carousel now supports HTML5 gallery* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Choose Images button works in accessibilitymode* Bug Fix: General: Fix: Cannot remove hooks from filter’jetpack_get_available_modules’* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Check that search terms exist before matchingagainst post title. fixes #2075* Bug Fix: Likes: Never double show on search results* Bug Fix: Notifications: Notifications didn’t load on wp-admin/network pages* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fix Facebook share button not showing for Australian &Canadian locale* Bug Fix: Shortcode Embed: Slideshare Shortcode now fixed* Bug Fix: SSO: Hide login no matter what when using the filter to do so* Bug Fix: Subs Widget: Don’t hide email input if submit failed* Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Show columns setting for Thumbnail Grid when TiledMosaic galleries are the default* Bug Fix: Twitter Cards: Remove deprecated card types
= 3.5.3 =Release Date: May 6th, 2015
* Security Hardening: Remove Genericons example.html file.
= 3.5.2 =Release Date: May 5th, 2015
* Bug Fix: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count endpoint
= 3.5.1 =Release Date: May 5th, 2015
* Enhancement: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count method per Facebook APIchange* Enhancement: General: Remove .po files to reduce plugin size* Bug Fix: General: Remove identity crisis notification* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Correct required input validation* Security hardening
= 3.5 =Release Date: April 23rd, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1jF
Jetpack 3.5 introduces the ability to manage your site’s menus directly fromWordPress.com and several bug fixes and enhancements. This upgrade isrecommended for all users.
* Enhancement: General: Change security reporting to use a transient insteadof option to reduce backup load* Enhancement: General: Improve module search* Enhancement: JSON API: Allow users to manage menus through WordPress.com* Enhancement: Sharing: Reduce spam through email sharing* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Improve recall of CSS revisions* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Change class name for Contact Info widget* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix errors when adding widgets via thecustomizer* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix PHP notices in RSS widget* Bug Fix: General: Fix redirect loop on activation* Bug Fix: General: Styling fixes* Bug Fix: Protect: Add IP translation fallback when inet_pton is notavailable* Bug Fix: Protect: Always allow login from local IDs* Bug Fix: Protect: Sanitize displayed IP after block* Bug Fix: Publicize: Prevent generating Facebook profile links for app-scopeduser IDs* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Improve error handling* Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Include breadcrumb code* Misc: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Remove Readmill Widget
= 3.4.3 =Release Date: April 20th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1jb
* Security hardening.
= 3.4.2 =Release Date: April 19th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1j6
= 3.4.1 =Release Date: March 19th, 2015
* Bug Fix: General: Modules not displaying properly in non-English installs* Bug Fix: Manage: Some installs showing a transient fatal error* Bug Fix: Protect: Protect module not auto-activating for users who upgrade* Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Some installs not properly reporting WP version number,causing Omnisearch error* Bug Fix: Stats: Top posts/pages widget not loading* Bug Fix: Contact Info Widget: Fix conflict with Avada theme
= 3.4 =Release Date: March 18th, 2015Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1fU
* Enhancement: Config Settings: provide a notification for users that updatefeatures settings* Enhancement: Config Settings: provide a notification for users that updatefeatures settings* Enhancement: Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchortag in grunion contact form button* Enhancement: Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchortag in the button on admin* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: Add all Custom Post Types to Omnisearch* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: Add option to add Testimonial CustomContent Type in admin* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: bring consistency between the portfolioand testimonial shared codebase* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: code cleanup* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: register namespaced ‘jetpack_portfolio’shortcode/use a prefix for shortcode for Portfolio* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: set shortcode image size to ‘large’ andadd jetpack_portfolio_thumbnail_size filter to allow themes to set their ownsize for Portfolio* Enhancement: Custom Content Type: testimonial shortcode enhancement* Enhancement: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Add subscription widget wildcard* Enhancement: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Likes and Sharing Shortcodes* Enhancement: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Minor fixes to Facebook widget pluginfor SSL* Enhancement: Fix/update jetpack version* Enhancement: General: Add DNS Prefetching* Enhancement: General: Add Jetpack admin dashboard widget* Enhancement: GlotPress: Update GP_Locales and GP_Locale classes* Enhancement: Improved control over Nova Theme Menu output markup* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Adds a `button` wrapper for the infinityhandle.* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Check for response.html before using indexOf* Enhancement: Integrate BruteProtect for protection against Brute Forceattacks* Enhancement: JSON API Manage: Added Mock Jetpack Option to Sync options thatdon’t have to live in the Database* Enhancement: JSON API: Add/empty trash days option to sync* Enhancement: Jump Start: Add “Jump Start” interface for new users* Enhancement: Manage: Add “modified_before” and “modified_after” parametersto /sites/%s/posts/ via JSON API* Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add filter for choosing mobile theme menu* Enhancement: Notifications: Changes to load the new notifications client.* Enhancement: Protect: Add a filter so that user can add thier own bots* Enhancement: Protect: Add security reporting* Enhancement: Protect: Add/whitelist endpoints via JSON API for JetpackProtect* Enhancement: Publicize: update connection confirmation message* Enhancement: Sharing: Add custom service name as a class* Enhancement: Sharing: display name of custom service in link title* Enhancement: Sharing: Remove default post types for showing share links* Enhancement: Sharing: use Jetpack version number when enqueing sharing.js* Enhancement: Shortcodes Team Partnerships: Backport fixes from SoundCloud2.3.1 through 3.0.2* Enhancement: Shortlinks: use HTTPS when possible* Enhancement: Stats: Make loading of stats async* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Added settings field for comment sub text* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Hide Form After Submit* Enhancement: Subscriptions: remove label from widget title* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Update subscriptions.php* Bug Fix: Contact form: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets* Bug Fix: Custom Content Type: Testimonial Custom Content Type: use core`WP_Customize_Image_Control` instead of custom…* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: add missing & to if statement for widgetvisibility* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Don’t require height/width values in theTwitter Timeline widget* Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Upload images from the customizer/ExtraSidebar Widgets Tiled Galleries for Gallery Widget* Bug Fix: General: Fix bug that was preventing modules from displayingproperly* Bug Fix: Manage: When calling /sites/%s/posts/ include all attachments notjust the first five via JSON API* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Minileven; Start after DOM ready* Bug Fix: Sharing: Open sharing in same window* Bug Fix: Stats language* Bug Fix: Subscritpions: fix invalid field when no email address
= 3.3.2 =Release Date: February 19th, 2015
* Enhancement: Updated translation files.* Enhancement: Heartbeat: Correctly stat new datasets.* Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Correct some caching of visibility results thatmay get evaluated too soon.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Hardening.* Bug Fix: Photon: Make sure our gallery filter can parse array inputs as wellas the default html.
= 3.3.1 =Release Date: February 11th, 2015
* Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor versioning data.* Bug Fix: Markdown: Re-run KSES after processing to account for syntaxchanges.* Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Don’t call a gallery a gallery if it hasn’t gotany pictures!* Bug Fix: Module Management: Handle a core api change for folks runningtrunk.* Bug Fix: Related Posts: CSS — better clear rows.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Including sharing account on Pinterest unofficial buttonsas well.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Properly version external assets by Jetpack releaseversion.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Soundcloud: Backport API compatibility fixes.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Flickr: Tidy up our regex url pattern matching.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Don’t add ‘Email Address’ as the value — we haveplaceholders!* Bug Fix: Widgets: Gallery Widget: Allow folks to upload images from thewidget area in the customizer.
= 3.3 =Release Date: December 15th, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-1aF
* Enhancement: Adds responsive video support to BuddyPress.* Enhancement: Custom Content Types: Added ‘order’ and ‘orderby’ options toportfolio shortcode.* Enhancement: Display notice when Jetpack Development Mode is on.* Enhancement: General: Update compatibility with Twenty Fifteen.* Enhancement: Image URL can now be overwritten with the`jetpack_images_fit_image_url_override` filter after dimensions are set byPhoton.* Enhancement: JSON API: Add Endpoint for trigger Plugin Autoupdates.* Enhancement: JSON API: General Improvements. Documentation onhttp://developer.wordpress.com/* Enhancement: Likes: Updated the code to accept arbitrary CPTs.* Enhancement: Related Posts: Allow filter by `post_format`.* Enhancement: Sharing: add new `jetpack_sharing_counts` filter for option toturn off sharing counts.* Enhancement: Sharing: Use the Site Logo Theme Tool and the Site Icon asfallbacks for image tags.* Enhancement: Shortcodes: Made the code more readable by using output buffersinstead of string concatenation.* Enhancement: Site Logo: Add alias functions to provide backwardcompatibility for themes expecting the old function calls.* Enhancement: Slideshow: Add title and alt text to images.* Enhancement: Subscription Form: Do not display the logged in user’s emailaddress by default.* Enhancement: Top Posts Widget: Refactor to allow conditional loading of thecss.* Enhancement: Top Posts: Add `jetpack_top_posts_widget_count` filter tocontrol number of displayed posts.* Bug Fix: Change subscribe_text from `p` to `div` so that it can containblock-level elements.* Bug Fix: Fonts: Change path to look for the svg in the right directory.* Bug Fix: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Plugins Update: Make sure the plugin doesn’t getdeactivated.* Bug Fix: Likes: Fixes issues where likes don’t load, load master iframeafter scripts are loaded.* Bug Fix: Notes Module: Avoid a PHP Notice in cli scripts when the requestdoesn’t contain a User-Agent header.* Bug Fix: Nova Menu CPT: fix notice when we have no taxonomies.* Bug Fix: Nova Menus: Use current instance to maintain object context.* Bug Fix: Related Posts: Add filter for `_enabled_for_request()`.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Prevent duplicate @ in shared Tweets.* Bug Fix: Site Logo: `get_site_logo()` now properly returns the site logo IDwhen provided in the `$show` argument.* Bug Fix: Site Logo: Correct evaluation of the Display Header Text inCustomizer preview.
= 3.2.1 =Release Date: November 14th, 2014
* Enhancement: Updated translation files.* Enhancement: JSON API: More object vars passed back to some queries.Documentation on http://developer.wordpress.com/* Bug Fix: JSON API: Pass back correct author in `me/posts` data.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Don’t check if a post is freshly pressed on remoteJetpack sites where the function doesn’t exist.* Bug Fix: Site Logo: Add backward-compatible template tags to match thestandalone release.* Bug Fix: Don’t use __DIR__ — it’s 5.3+ only, and WordPress supports back to5.2.* Bug Fix: Retool how we remove the source styles when using the concatenatedversion.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: TED: Correct default language code from `eng` to `en`.* Bug Fix: Gallery Widget: Add a default background color.* Bug Fix: Subscription Notifications: Remove the label.* Bug Fix: Sharing: enqueue Genericons on static front page as well ifselected.
= 3.2 =Release Date: October 29, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-181
* Enhancement: Speed Improvements (woohoo!).* Enhancement: Add site icons: an avatar for your blog.* Enhancement: Improvements to API endpoints.* Enhancement: Add oEmbed sources (Twitter, SoundCloud, Instagram,DailyMotion, Vine).* Enhancement: Add indicators to make it easier to see which modules areactive.* Enhancement: Improve debug tool.* Enhancement: Add new ‘Site Logos’ code to theme tools, for themes that optin to support it.* Enhancement: Improved caching for related posts.* Enhancement: Added “Remember Me” functionality to Single Sign On.* Enhancement: Improved accessibility.* Enhancement: Added additional filters to Widget Visibility.* Bug Fix: Fixed PHP Notice errors for Likes, Widget Visibility.* Bug Fix: Improvements to the testimonials CPT.* Bug Fix: Improved RTL on VideoPress admin.* Bug Fix: Removed Google+ Authorship module (discontinued by Google).* Bug Fix: Fixed use of deprecated function in mobile theme.* Bug Fix: Various fixes to Tiled Galleries.* Bug Fix: Various fixes to Contact Form.* Bug Fix: Various fixes to oEmbed.* Bug Fix: Various fixes to Single Sign On.* Bug Fix: Fixed styles in ShareDaddy.* Bug Fix: Better match protocols (http/https) to the site.
= 3.1.1 =Release Date: August 7, 2014
* Enhancement: Update translation files for strings that had beensubmitted/approved since release.* Bug Fix: Social Links: Add a function check to better degrade if Publicizeisn’t around.* Bug Fix: Open Graph: Add WordPress SEO back to the blacklist, until theyupdate how they opt us out.* Bug Fix: Asset Minification: Add another caveat ( empty $plugin ) to shortout on.* Bug Fix: Deprecated Hooks: Fixing our expectations where something thatshould be an array occasionally wasn’t.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Add extra whitelist rule for -o-keyframe rules.
= 3.1 =Release Date: July 31, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-129
* Enhancement: New Custom Content Types module.* Enhancement: New Jetpack Logo.* Enhancement: New optional JSON API endpoints for viewing updates andmanaging plugins and themes.* Enhancement: New Custom Post Type: Portfolio!* Enhancement: Rearranged buttons on the modules modals for easier management.* Enhancement: Jetpack Settings have improved keyboard accessibility.* Enhancement: Improved RTL support for After the Deadline, Carousel, ContactForm, Comics CPT, Custom CSS, Omnisearch, Publicize, Related Posts, Slideshowshort code, Tiled Gallery, Widget-Visibility and Widgets Gallery.* Enhancement: Contact Form: Add an “Empty Spam” option.* Enhancement: i18n: Change the priority of where plugin_textdomain is hookedso that the plugins can better translate Jetpack.* Enhancement: Monitor: Displays how often the site is checked for downtime.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Added Mixcloud shortcode and oEmbed support.* Enhancement: Social Links: Improved handling of customizer hooks innon-admin context.* Enhancement: Stats: The smiley image is gone by default.* Enhancement: Stats: Added link to the configure page for stats so that thestats settings page is easier to find.* Enhancement: Theme Tools: Added the responsive videos to theme tools so thatthemes can support responsive videos more easily.* Update: Updated Genericons to version 3.1, new icons for website, ellipsis,foursquare, x-post, sitemap, hierarchy and paintbrush.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Prefix function to avoid conflicts with otherplugins.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Admin UI has a responsive layout.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Custom $content_width value doesn’t overwrite theme’s$content_width.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Feedback link takes you to the form page.* Bug Fix: Carousel: Confirms an avatar is returned by get_avatar beforedisplaying.* Bug Fix: Featured Content: Don’t remove setting validation.* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Google Universal Analytics support added.* Bug Fix: Multisite: Add message when updating multisite settings.* Bug Fix: Photon: Photon will no longer upscale images larger than theoriginal size.* Bug Fix: Photon: Check that the image exists before rewriting the image URLto utilize Photon.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest adds attribute to display share count.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Respect an empty sharing title.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Share buttons now appear in the bbPress forms.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Support for multiple meta html tag og:image values.* Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Logout allows override of forcing Single Sign On.* Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Remove the lost password link on auto-forwardlogout.* Bug Fix: Social Links: Do not use anonymous function for compatibility withPHP 5.2.* Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: Update jQuery mouseover caption effect to reduceflickering.* Bug Fix: Widgets Visibility: Works better in the customizer admin view.
= 3.0.2 =Release Date: June 17, 2014
* Enhancement: General: Make module categories filter more visible whenactive.* Enhancement: General: Updated translation files with more strings addedsince the last release.* Enhancement: General: Allow deep-linking to the Contact Support form.* Bug Fix: General: RTL Jetpack Admin UI looks better.* Bug Fix: General: Fixed PHP warning when bulk deactivating modules.* Bug Fix: General: Removed an unnecessary description.* Bug Fix: General: Resolved an SSL error on Jetpack Admin UI.* Bug Fix: General: Fix error comparing signatures when the WordPressinstallation is using site_url filters (applied mostly to WPEngine sites).* Bug Fix: General: Resolved PHP strict error on the mobile menu.* Bug Fix: General: Fix timing of conditional checks, so that callingdeveloper mode via a plugin works again.* Bug Fix: General: Main page categories tab now properly translates modulenames.* Bug Fix: Related Posts: Fix a typo, the “more info” link now works.* Bug Fix: Likes: Improve button styling.* Bug Fix: Likes: Remove unused UI for Reblog settings on social settingspage.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Updated to no longer use a deprecated Akismetfunction.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Sends email to the administrator that is not markedas spam again.* Bug Fix: Open Graph: Resolved PHP warning on open graph gallery pages whenthe gallery is empty.
= 3.0.1 =Release Date: May 22, 2014
* Bug Fix: AtD: A wpcom-only function got synced by mistake and caused a fewerrors. Fixed.* Bug Fix: Post By Email: Add static keyword to a function.* Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: In the admin-side configuration of sharing links, weused a Path icon instead of Pinterest. Oops!* Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: We inadvertently appended `via @jetpack` to sometwitter shares. This is no longer the case.* Bug Fix: Related Posts: Tidying up and relocation of the `resync` buttonformerly on the more info modal.* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Work better with core’s MediaElement.js* Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Undeclared variable fixed.
= 3.0 =Release Date: May 20, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-Wi
* New User Interface for managing modules and settings* New Module: Verfication Tools* Enhancement: New look for the Sharing module* Enhancement: Multiple improvements on which Twitter handle a Twitter cardwill display* Enhancement: Add option to hide Google+ Authorship banner while stillreceiving the benefits* Enhancement: Many Infinite Scroll enhancements to improve performance* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll will use your CPT’s display name instead of”Older Posts”* Enhancement: JSON API added /media/new endpoint* Enhancement: Added filter to assign new default image for Open Graph tags* Enhancement: New
shortcode to add Related Posts topage instead of default placement* Enhancement: Added SSO option to turn off login form completely, to useWordPress.com login exclusively* Enhancement: The shortcode allows for Google Maps Engine* Enhancement: YouTube shortcode allows HD playback* Enhancement: Smoother, Faster Tiled Galleries!* Enhancement: New languages! Use Jetpack in Irish, Fulah, and Tigrinya* Bug Fix: Use your browser’s Back and Forward buttons when naviagating aCarousel* Bug Fix: Various Related Posts fixes and improvements for added flexibility* Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores ability to edit Contact Forms* Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores Gallery Widget compatability* Bug Fix: Ensure Markdown is kept when Bulk Editing posts* Bug Fix: Improved Jetpack’s Multisite Network Admin page for networks with alarge number of sites* Bug Fix: Ensure Sharing settings persist when Bulk Editing a post* Bug Fix: Various other shortcode improvements
= 2.9.3 =Release Date: April 10, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-U2
* Important security update. CVE-2014-0173
= 2.9.2 =Release Date: March 17, 2014
* Bug Fix: Publicize: When publishing from a mobile app or third-party client,Publicize now works again.
= 2.9.1 =Release Date: March 6, 2014
= 2.9 =Release Date: February 26, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-RN
* Added Multisite network functionality* New Module: Related Posts* Enhancement: Single Sign On* Enhancement: Mixcloud shortcode and oEmbed* Enhancement: Gist shortcode and oEmbed* Enhancement: Modify Facebook Like Box widget to support new Facebookparameters* Enhancement: Rolled the Push Notifications module into the Notes module* Enhancement: Update kses with Markdown* Enhancement: Adding keyboard accessibility to sharing buttons config page* Enhancement: Pull WordPress testing bits from the new official git mirror atWordPress.org* Bug Fix: Widget Visibility* Bug Fix: Revisions box in Custom CSS* Bug Fix: Fix several bugs in the WordPress Posts Widget so that it correctlyupdates* Bug Fix: Limit Login Attempts no longer generates false positives fromxmlrpc.* Bug Fix: Clear max_posts transient on theme switch.* Bug Fix: Lower priority of sync to allow all CPTs to be registered.* Bug Fix: Contact form fields emailed in correct order.
* Other bugfixes and enhancements athttps://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/commits/2.9
= 2.8 =Release Date: January 31, 2014Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-Pd
* New Module: Markdown* Module Update: Jetpack Monitor* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Keep track of $current_day between requests sothe_date() works well.* Enhancement: Embeds: New filter to turn off embeds in comments.* Enhancement: Contact Form: Add placeholder support.* Enhancement: Widget: Gravatar Profile: Added filters to allow users tocustomize headings and fixed output of personal links.* Enhancement: Facebook OG Tags: Add `published_time`, `modified_time`, and`author` if the post type supports it.* Enhancement: Sharing: Display buttons on CPT archive pages.* Enhancement: Sharing: Add `get_share_title` function and filter.* Enhancement: Sharing: Add filter `sharing_display_link`.* Enhancement: Twitter Timeline: Flesh out tweet limit option.* Enhancement: Social Links: Add Google+ to the list of supported services.* Enhancement: Stats: Improve dashboard styles in 3.8.* Enhancement: Stats: No longer use Quantcast.* Enhancement: Top Posts: Add `jetpack_top_posts_days` filter.* Enhancement: AtD: Add TinyMCE 4 compatibility for its pending arrival inWordPress 3.9* Enhancement: Genericons: Update to v3.0.3* Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add alt attributes to images.* Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Accept protocol-relative URLs.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Slideshow: Add white background option.* Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Add support for the two closed-captionarguments.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Vimeo: Update the regex to support the new embedcode.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Google Maps: Update the regex to handle new formatfor embeds.* Enhancement: Likes: Avoid a PHP Notice when $_POST[‘post_type’] is not setin meta_box_save.* Enhancement: Smush images to save on file size.* Enhancement: Publicize: Enable opt-in publicizing of custom post types.* Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Further namespace to avoid conflicts.* Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline: Resolve undefined index notice.* Bug Fix: Featured Content: Add extra class_exists() check to be extracareful.* Bug Fix: Facebook OG Tags: Change OG type of Home and Front Page to’website’* Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Add support for old-style single use widgets.* Bug Fix: Google Authorship: Support apostrophe in author names.* Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Assorted graceful failure caveats.* Bug Fix: Carousel: ‘Link to None’ bug fixed.* Bug Fix: Embeds: Bandcamp: Switch escaping function for album and track IDsto handle (int)s greater than PHP_INT_MAX* Bug Fix: Some plugins trying to catch brute-force attacks mistakenly flaggedthe Jetpack connection as one.
= 2.7 =Release Date: December 11, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-Mk
* Enhancement: Google+ Publicize* Enhancement: Add Cloudup as an oEmbed provider* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add subscribe_field_id filter to allow updatedids when using multiple widgets* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: TwentyFourteen Support* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix warning when form is called outside the loop* Bug Fix: Featured Content: Moving Settings to Customizer, provide option toset default tag as fallback, specify all supported post-types rather than justadditional ones. Description Updates* Bug Fix: Featured Content: Compat with ‘additional_post_types’ theme supportargument. Comment updates* Bug Fix: Featured Content: Make sure $term is an object before we treat itas one* Bug Fix: GlotPress: Merge with latest GlotPress* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: prevent Undefined index notice that can cause ISto fail when user has WP_DEBUG set to true* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Improved compatibility with Carousel, TiledGalleries, VideoPress, and the `` and `` shortcodes* Bug Fix: Likes: Stop manually including version.php and trust the global.Some whitespace fixes, and if it’s an attachment, follow the post_status ofthe parent post* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Display password field for Gallery format protectedposts* Bug Fix: Sharing: Add new translation width for share button, and GooglePlus icons* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Support Ineternational Google domains for maps* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Facebook Embeds: Register alternate permalink.php URLfor posts* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Moved inline styles from widget email input toseparate css file* Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Fix glitch where random-redirect.php also showed as aplugin being deleted if you were deleting Jetpack* Bug Fix: Misc: Internationalization & RTL updates* Bug Fix: Misc: Prevent collisions with ‘Facebook Featured Image & OG MetaTags’ plugin
= 2.6.1 =Release Date: December 3, 2013
* Bug Fix: minor styling fix in pre- and post-MP6/3.8 UI changes.* Bug Fix: Stats: spinner gif url fix when the user is viewing it over https.* Bug Fix: Stats: Switch to esc_html from htmlspecialchars in error message –better to be native* Bug Fix: Media Extractor: some hosts don’t compile unicode forpreg_match_all, so we temporarily removed the block that depended on it.* Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Add in some error handling for malformed URLs.* Bug Fix: Twitter Cards: treat single-image galleries as a photo-type.* Bug Fix: Update conflicting plugins for OG tags and Twitter Cards.* Bug Fix: Correct max supported version number — had been 3.6, update to3.7.1
= 2.6 =Release Date: November 28, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-KE
* Enhancement: WPCC / now called [SSO](http://jetpack.com/support/sso/):refactored.* Enhancement: Monitor: new module which will notify you if your site goesdown(http://jetpack.com/support/monitor/).* Enhancement: Custom CSS: replace Ace editor with Codemirror.* Enhancement: Widgets: new “Display Posts” widget.* Enhancement: WP-CLI: add commands to disconnect a site and manage modules.* Enhancement: Contact Form: new filters, `grunion_contact_form_field_html`and `grunion_should_send_email`.* Enhancement: Custom Post Types: new restaurant post type.* Enhancement: Genericons: update to version 3.0.2.* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: many improvements and fixes.* Enhancement: Likes: performance improvements.* Enhancement: MP6: Jetpack icons are now compatible with WordPress 3.8.* Enhancement: Open Graph: better descriptions, fallback images, and mediaextraction from video posts.* Enhancement: Publicize: new background token tests for connected publicizeservices and display problems on settings sharing and add new post.* Enhancement: Shortcodes: updated Bandcamp shortcode to support the`tracklist` and `minimal` attributes, as well as more `artwork` attributevalues.* Enhancement: Shortlinks: add Custom Post Type support.* Enhancement: Subscriptions: add more ways to customize the subscriptionswidget.* Enhancement: Twitter Cards: better media management and card type detection,and better handling of conflicts with other Twitter Cards plugins.* Enhancement: better handling of conflicts with other plugins.* Bug Fix: After the Deadline: add a typeof check for `tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit`to prevent js errors.* Bug Fix: Carousel: speed improvements and several bugfixes.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: remove nonce creating issues with caching plugins.* Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Testimonials: return if featured image is emptyso it can be removed after it’s been set.* Bug Fix: Featured Content: add additional post type support through the`additional_post_types` argument.* Bug Fix: Google Authorship: support apostrophes in Google+ profiles.* Bug Fix: Google Authorship: use a regexp Instead of using`mb_convert_encoding`, which doesn’t enjoy universal support.* Bug Fix: Heartbeat: ensure that it never triggers more than once per week.* Bug Fix: JSON API: add new `?meta=` parameter that allows you to expand thedata found in the `meta->links` responses.* Bug Fix: JSON API: add new `is_private` response to the sites endpoint and`global_ID` response to the reader and post endpoints.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: allow small images to display inline.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: fix fatal errors for missing `minileven_header`function.* Bug Fix: Photon: fix errors when an image is not uploaded properly.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: improvements to Archives, Google+, Presentations, Vineand Youtube.* Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: improve display of panoramic images and fix errorswhen an image is not uploaded properly.
= 2.5 =Release Date: September 19, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-xS
* Enhancement: Connect your Google+ profile and WordPress site to proveauthorship of posts.* Enhancement: Improved sharing buttons display.* Enhancement: Comment on your posts using Google+ to signin.* Enhancement: Embed Google+ posts into your posts.* Enhancement: Added event logging capabilities for debugging* Enhancement: LaTeX is now available in dev mode* Enhancement: Introduced gallery widget* Enhancement: Added new module: VideoPress* Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker* Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added* Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoidconfusion* Enhancement: Added check to ensure Google+ authorship accounts havedisconnected properly* Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker* Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added* Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoidconfusion* Enhancement: Added the ability to embed Facebook posts* Bug Fix: Redirect issue with G+ authorship when WordPress is not in the rootdirectory* Enhancement: Better security if carousel to prevent self-XSS* Enhancement: Better handling of cookies for subsites on multisite installs* Bug Fix: Check for post in G+ authorship before accessing it
= 2.4.2 =Release Date: September 5, 2013
* Enhancement: Converted to module headers to detect Auto-Activating modules.* Enhancement: WPCC: Added ‘Close’ link to deactivate WPCC in the admin nag.* Enhancement: JSON API: Add User Nicename to the user data.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Stopped using a short tag.* Bug Fix: Changed CSS selector to catch MP6 stylings.* Bug Fix: Dropped __FILE__ references in class.jetpack.php in favor ofJETPACK__PLUGIN_DIR constant, now code that deactivates the plugin from theconnect nag works again.* Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Add random-redirect to the plugins overriden list,in case someone is using Matt’s Random Redirect plugin.* Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Revert r757178 relating to tiled gallery defaults.* Bug Fix: Return false, not zero, if $GLOBALS[‘content_width’] isn’t defined.* Bug Fix: WPCC: Don’t call wp_login_url() in the constructor — if someone isrunning a custom login page, that can break things if their plugin runsget_permalink as a filter before init.* Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Add fallback if post_parent == 0 due toinfinite_scroll_load_other_plugins_scripts.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Set the ACE gutter z-index to 1.* Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Switch from wp_redirect() to wp_safe_redirect().* Bug Fix: Likes: Set overflow:hidden; on the likes adminbar item.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Migrate where/when the custom header stuff isincluded.* Bug Fix: Slideshow Shortcode: Add a height of 410px.
= 2.4.1 =Release Date: September 4, 2013
* Enhancement: Don’t auto-activate WPCC.
= 2.4 =Release Date: August 30, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-wv
* Enhancement: WordPress.com Connect (WPCC): New Module.* Enhancement: Widget Visibility: New Module.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Twitter Timeline shortcode.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Presentation shortcode.* Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Vine shortcode.* Enhancement: Custom Post Types: CPTs are available.* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add ‘jetpack_is_post_mailable’ filter.* Enhancement: OpenGraph: Add Twitter Cards meta tags as well.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Update lessc and scssc preprocessors to 0.4.0 and0.0.7 respectively.* Enhancement: Omnisearch: Add Media results.* Enhancement: Likes: Use a protocol-agnostic iframe, instead of forced HTTPS.* Enhancement: Top Posts: Increase post limit.* Enhancement: Publicize: Updated JS and UI.* Enhancement: Photon: New filter to let site admins/owners enable photon forHTTPS urls.* Enhancement: New jetpack_get_available_modules filter.* Enhancement: Subscriptions: Antispam measures.* Bug Fix: Add inline style to keep plugins/themes from inadvertently hidingthe Connect box.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Respect the new wp_revisions_to_keep filter.* Bug Fix: Photon: Only hook jetpack_photon_url into the filter if the userhas Photon active.* Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Used wrong object, occasinally fatal-erroring out forthe cron.* Bug Fix: Add an empty debug.php file to the /modules/ folder, to solve someupdate issues where it never got deleted.
= 2.3.5 =Release Date: August 12, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-vf
* Enhancement: Added Path support to Publicize.
= 2.3.4 =Release Date: August 6, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-uL
* Bug Fix: Correct when output occurs with CSV export for feedback.* Bug Fix: Tidy up the Heartbeat API.* Enhancement: User Agent: Improve detecting of bots.* Enhancement: Genericons: Make sure we’re pulling the freshest version fromgenericons.com on each release.* Enhancement: JSON API: Open up replies/new endpoints so that users cancomment on blogs that are not in their access token.* Enhancement: Photon: Apply to `get_post_gallery()` function as well.* Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add a default bottom margin to be more robustout of the box.* Translations: Adding in fresher translation files.* Deprecation: Removing the retinization code for 3.4, as it was included inWordPress trunk from 3.5 onwards.
= 2.3.3 =Release Date: July 26, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-uv
* Bug Fix: We were inadvertently overwriting cron schedules with our Jetpackheartbeat. This should now be fixed.* Enhancement: New Facebook Sharing icons.* Enhancement: Minor update to the Minileven stylesheet.
= 2.3.2 =Release Date: July 25, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-uv
* Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Facebook Pages were not available whenconnecting a Publicize account.* Bug Fix: For some web hosts, fixed an issue where ‘Jetpack ID’ error wouldoccur consistently on connecting to WordPress.com.* Enhancement: Adding some new stats and heartbeat checking to Jetpack.
= 2.3.1 =Release Date: July 2, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-t9
* Enhancement: Social Links: Retooling the class for better consistency andperformance behind the scenes.* Enhancement: Omnisearch: Make it easier to search Custom Post Types. Nolonger need to extend the class, if all you want is a basic display. Justcall `new Jetpack_Omnisearch_Posts( ‘cpt’ );`* Enhancement: Sharing Buttons: LinkedIn: Use the official button’s sharinglink on the Jetpack implementation for a more consistent sharing experienceand produce better results on LinkedIn’s end.* Enhancement: Debug / Connection: Better logic in determining whether theserver can use SSL to connect to WPCOM servers.* Enhancement: Sharing: Twitter: Calculate the size of the Tweet based on theshort URL rather than the full URL size.* Enhancement: Debug: More readable and understandable messages.* Enhancement: Likes: Including some MP6 styles.* Enhancement: Comments: Add new core classes to comment form. Seehttp://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/24525* Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Don’t load everything initially, run the providers offadmin_init, and then issue an action for folks to hook into.* Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Modify some child class functions to match the parent’sparameters and avoid strict notices in newer versions of PHP.* Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Hide the search form in the module description if thecurrent user can’t use it.* Bug Fix: Comment Form: Use edit_pages, not edit_page (fixes glitch inprevious beta, never publicly released).* Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline Widget: Additional testing of values and castingto default if they are nonconforming.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest: Make the button wider if there’s a count toavoid overlapping with others.* Bug Fix: Post By Email: Change configuration_redirect to static.* Bug Fix: Likes: Don’t call configuration_redirect as a static, do it as amethod.* Bug Fix: Add some further security measures to module activation.
= 2.3 =Release Date: June 19, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-rX
* Enhancement: Omnisearch: Search once, get results from everything!Omnisearch is a single search box that lets you search many different things* Enhancement: Debugger: this module helps you debug connection issues rightfrom your dashboard, and contact the Jetpack support team if needed* Enhancement: Social Links: this module is a canonical source, based onPublicize, that themes can use to let users specify where social icons shouldlink to* Enhancement: It’s now easier to find out if a module is active or note,thanks to the new Jetpack::is_module_active()* Enhancement: Contact Form: You are now able to customize the submit buttontext thanks to the submit_button_text parameter* Enhancement: Comments: We’ve added a filter to let users customize theComment Reply label, and users can now also customize the prompt on thecomment form again.* Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add genericons.css and registering it so it’seasily accessible to other modules that may want it* Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: You can now customize the captions, thanks tothe jetpack_slideshow_slide_caption filter* Enhancement: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Add the noscrollbar option* Enhancement: Widgets: Facebook Like Box Widget: add a show_border attribute* Enhancement: Widgets: FB Like Box: let Jetpack users override the iframebackground color set in an inline style attribute by using thejetpack_fb_likebox_bg filter* Bug Fix: Carousel: Fix a bug where double-clicking a gallery thumbnail brokethe carousel functionality* Bug Fix: Comments: Change “must-log-in” to class from ID* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Make the Add Contact Form link a button, ala AddMedia in core* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix encoding of field labels* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Remove references to missing images* Bug Fix: Fix 2 XSS vulnerabilities* Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor fixes for bbPress compatibility* Bug Fix: JSON API: Fix metadata bugs* Bug Fix: JSON API: Add a new hook that is fired when a post is posted usingthe API* Bug Fix: JSON API: Prefork/REST: update path normalizer to accept versionsother than 1* Bug Fix: JSON API: Remove extra parenthesis in CSS* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Move content width filters higher up so that they’reactive for all users, not just logged-in admins.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: All CSS properties that accept images as values need tobe allowed to be declared multiple times so that cross-browser gradients work* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Allow themes to define a custom function to renderthe IS footer* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Fix up Twenty Thirteen styles for RTL and smallviewports.* Bug Fix: Likes: Fix ‘Call to undefined function’* Bug Fix: Likes: Add scrolling no to iframe to make sure that like button inadmin bar does not show scrollbars* Bug Fix: Likes: Remove setInterval( JetpackLikesWidgetQueueHandler, 250 )call that was causing heavy CPU load* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Remove unused variable & function call* Bug Fix: Publicize: Fix LinkedIn profile URL generation* Bug Fix: Publicize: Better refresh handling for services such as LinkedInand Facebook* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Audio shortcode: Treat src as element 0. Fixes audioshortcodes created by wp_embed_register_handler when an audio url is on a lineby itself* Bug Fix: Bandcamp: Updates to the Bandcamp shortcode* Bug Fix: Stats: Fix missing function get_editable_roles on non-admin pageloads* Bug Fix: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Fix HTML links in admin; set defaultvalues for width/height; change some of the sanitization functions* Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: Exclude attachments* Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: fix data validation for number of posts* Bug Fix: Fix PHP warnings non-static method called dynamically* Bug Fix: Fixed an issue in image extraction from HTML content* Bug Fix: Open Graph: Change default minimum size for og:image too 200×200* Note: The old Twitter widget was removed in favour of Twitter Timelinewidget* Note: Add is_module_active() to make it easier to detect what is and whatisn’t* Note: Compressing images via lossless methods* Note: Tidying up jetpack’s CSS* Note: Set the max DB version for our retina overrides that were meant tostop for WordPress 3.5* Note: Updating spin.js to the current version, and shifting to the canonicaljquery.spin.js library* Note: Adding Jetpack_Options class, and abstracting out options functions toit
= 2.2.5 =Release Date: May 1, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-p8
* Enhancement: Stats: Counting of registered users’ views can now be enabledfor specific roles* Bug Fix: Security tightening for metadata support in the REST API* Bug Fix: Update the method for checking Twitter Timeline widget_id andupdate coding standards* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Allow the content width setting to be larger than thetheme’s content width* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Fix possible missing argument warning.
= 2.2.4 =Release Date: April 26, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-oU
* Bug Fix: JSON API compat file include was not assigning a variablecorrectly, thus throwing errors. This has been resolved.
= 2.2.3 =Release Date: April 26, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-oR
= 2.2.2 =Release Date: April 5, 2013
* Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add controls for custom CSS.* Enhancement: Sharing: Add Pocket to the available services.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Update the method for generating content width setting.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Security updates.* Bug Fix: Likes: Add settings for email notifications and misc style updates.* Bug Fix: Notifications: Add the post types to sync after init.* Bug Fix: Publicize: RTL styling.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: security fixes and function prefixing.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Update wording on the Top Posts widget for clarity.* Bug Fix: Jetpack Post Images security fixes.
= 2.2.1 =Release Date: March 28, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-ob
= 2.2 =Release Date: February 26, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-ns
= 2.1.2 =Release Date: February 5, 2013
* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Introduce filters for Infinite Scroll.* Enhancement: Shortcodes: TED shortcode.* Bug Fix: Carousel: Make sure to use large image sizes.* Bug Fix: Carousel: Clicking the back button in your browser after exiting acarousel gallery brings you back to the gallery.* Bug Fix: Carousel: Fix a scrollbar issue.* Bug Fix: Comments: Move the get_avatar() function out of the base class.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Prevent the form from displaying i18n characters.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Remove the !important CSS rule.* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Main query arguments are not respected when usingdefault permalink.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Trap ‘wp_die’ for new comments and image uploads.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Use a better array key for the user_ID.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Make the class instantiable only once, but multi-use.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Fix lookup of pages by page slug.* Bug Fix: JSON API: Updates for post likes.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Remove Android download link for BB10 and Playbook.* Bug Fix: Open Graph: Stop using Loop functions to get post data for metatags.* Bug Fix: Photon: Suppress and check for warnings when pasing_url and usingit.* Bug Fix: Photon: Ensure full image size can be used.* Bug Fix: Photon: Resolve Photon / YouTube embed conflict.* Bug Fix: Photon: Fix dimension parsing from URLs.* Bug Fix: Photon: Make sure that width/height atts are greater than zero.* Bug Fix: Sharedaddy: Layout fixes for share buttons.* Bug Fix: Sharedaddy: Always send Facebook a language locale.* Bug Fix: Sharedaddy: Don’t look up share counts for empty URLs.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Ensure that images don’t overflow their containers inthe slideshow shortcode.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: only enqueue jquery if archive supports Infinite Scrollin the Audio Shortcode.* Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: Use a more specific class for gallery item size toavoid conflicts.* Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: Fixing scrolling issue when tapping on a TiledGallery on Android.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Gravatar profile widget typo.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Add (Jetpack) to widget titles.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Twitter wasn’t wrapping links in the t.co shortener.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Facebook Likebox updates to handling the language locale.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts: Fixed a WP_DEBUG notice.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Gravatar Profile Widget: transient names must be less than45 characters long.* Bug Fix: typo in delete_post_action function.* Bug Fix: Load rendered LaTeX image on same protocol as its page.
= 2.1.1 =Release Date: January 5, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-ng
* Bug Fix: Fix for an error appearing for blogs updating from Jetpack 1.9.2 orearlier to 2.1.
= 2.1 =Release Date: January 4, 2013Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-m3
* Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Show off your photos with cool mosaicgalleries.* Enhancement: Slideshow gallery type: Display any gallery as a slideshow.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Allow zoom property.* Enhancement: Stats: Show WordPress.com subscribers in stats.* Bug Fix: Fix errors shown after connecting Jetpack to WordPress.com.* Bug Fix: Photon: Fix bug causing errors to be shown in some posts.* Bug Fix: Photon: Convert all images in posts when Photon is active.* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Improved compatibility with the other modules.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Updated editor to fix missing file errors.* Bug Fix: Publicize: Don’t show the Facebook profile option if this is aPage-only account.* Bug Fix: Photon: A fix for photos appearing shrunken if they didn’t loadquickly enough.* Bug Fix: Sharing: A compatibility fix for posts that only have partialfeatured image data.* Bug Fix: Publicize/Sharing: For sites without a static homepage, don’t setthe OpenGraph url value to the first post permalink.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Better compatibility with the customizer on mobiledevices.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Don’t show sharing options on front page if that option isturned off.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix PHP warning shown when adding a Contact Form inWordPress 3.5.* Bug Fix: Photon: Handle images with relative paths.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix compatibility with the Shortcode Embeds module.
= 2.0.4 =Release Date: December 14, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-lT
* Bug Fix: Open Graph: Correct a bug that prevents Jetpack from beingactivated if the SharePress plugin isn’t installed.
= 2.0.3 =Release Date: December 14, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-lJ
* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: support[VideoPress](https://wordpress.org/plugins/video/) plugin.* Enhancement: Photon: Apply to all images retrieved from the Media Library.* Enhancement: Photon: Retina image support.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Refined editor interface.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Support [Sass](http://sass-lang.com/) and[LESS](http://lesscss.org/) with built-in preprocessors.* Enhancement: Open Graph: Better checks for other plugins that may be loadingOpen Graph tags to prevent Jetpack from doubling meta tag output.* Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Respect relative image dimensions.* Bug Fix: Photon: Detect custom-cropped images and use those with Photon,rather than trying to use the original.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Fix for bug preventing @import from working withurl()-style URLs.
= 2.0.2 =Release Date: November 21, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-lu
* Bug Fix: Remove an erroneous PHP short open tag with the full tag to correctfatal errors under certain PHP configurations.
= 2.0.1 =Release Date: November 21, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-lc
= 2.0 =Release Date: November 8, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-jg
* Enhancement: Publicize: Connect your site to popular social networks andautomatically share new posts with your friends.* Enhancement: Post By Email: Publish posts to your blog directly from yourpersonal email account.* Enhancement: Photon: Images served through the global WordPress.com cloud.* Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Better/faster browsing by pulling the next setof posts into view automatically when the reader approaches the bottom of thepage.* Enhancement: Open Graph: Provides more detailed information about your poststo social networks.* Enhancement: JSON API: New parameters for creating and viewing posts.* Enhancement: Improved compatibility for the upcoming WordPress 3.5.* Bug Fix: Sharing: When you set your sharing buttons to use icon, text, oricon + text mode, the Google+ button will display accordingly.* Bug Fix: Gravatar Profile Widget: Allow basic HTML to be displayed.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: Error handling fixes.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Improved theme compatibility* Bug Fix: JSON API: Fixed error when creating some posts in some versions ofPHP.
= 1.9.2 =Release Date: October 29, 2012
* Bug Fix: Only sync options on upgrade once.
= 1.9.1 =Release Date: October 29, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-iC
* Enhancement: Notifications feature is enabled for logged-out users when themodule is active & the toolbar is shown by another plugin.* Bug Fix: Use proper CDN addresses to avoid SSL cert issues.* Bug Fix: Prioritize syncing comments over deleting comments onWordPress.com. Fixes comment notifications marked as spam appearing to betrashed.
= 1.9 =Release Date: October 26, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-hC
* Enhancement: Notifications: Display Notifications in the toolbar and supportreply/moderation of comment notifications.* Enhancement: Mobile Push Notifications: Added support for mobile pushnotifications of new comments for users that linked their accounts toWordPress.com accounts.* Enhancement: JSON API: Allows applications to send API requests viaWordPress.com (see [the docs](http://developer.wordpress.com/docs/api/) )* Enhancement: Sync: Modules (that require the data) sync full Post/Comment toensure consistent data on WP.com (eg Stats)* Enhancement: Sync: Improve syncing of site options to WP.com* Enhancement: Sync: Sync attachment parents to WP.com* Enhancement: Sync: Add signing of WP.com user ids for Jetpack Comments* Enhancement: Sync: Mark and obfuscate private posts.* Enhancement: Privacy: Default disable enhanced-distribution and json-apimodules if site appears to be private.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: allow applying Custom CSS to mobile theme.* Enhancement: Sharing: On HTTPS pageloads, load as much of the sharing embedsas possible from HTTPS URLs.* Enhancement: Contact Form: Overhaul of the contact form code to fixincompatibilites with other plugins.* Bug Fix: Only allow users with manage_options permission to enable/disablemodules* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: allow ‘/’ in media query units; e.g.(-o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 3/2)* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: leave comments alone in CSS when editing but minify onthe front end* Bug Fix: Sharing: Keep “more” pane open so Google+ Button isn’t obscured* Bug Fix: Carousel: Make sure the original size is used, even when it isexceedingly large.* Bug Fix: Exclude iPad from Twitter on iPhone mobile browsing* Bug Fix: Sync: On .org user role changes synchronize the change to .com* Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix a bug where some web hosts would reject mail fromthe contact form due to email address spoofing.
= 1.8.3 =Release Date: October 23, 2012
* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Fix a bug where subscriptions were not being sentfrom the blog.* Bug Fix: Twitter: Fix a bug where the Twitter username was being saved asblank.* Bug Fix: Fix a bug where Contact Form notification emails were not beingsent.
= 1.8.2 =Release Date: October 4, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-gI
* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Fix a bug where subscriptions were not sent forposts and comments written by some authors.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Fix CSS that was uglifying some themes (like P2).* Bug Fix: Widgets: Improve Top Posts and Pages styling.* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Make the default “Welcome” message translatable.* Bug Fix: Fix Lithuanian translation.
= 1.8.1 =Release Date: September 28, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-gx
* Bug Fix: Stats: Fixed a bug preventing some users from viewing stats.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Fixed some disabled toolbar buttons.* Bug Fix: Top Posts widget: Fixed a bug preventing the usage of the Top Postswidget.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Fixed a bug that broke some sites when theSubscriptions module was not enabled and the Mobile Theme module was enabled.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Made mobile app promos in the Mobile Theme footeropt-in.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: A fix to prevent malware warnings.* Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Fixed a bug that caused errors for some users withcustom header images.
= 1.8 =Release Date: September 27, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-fV
* Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Automatically serve a slimmed down version ofyour site to users on mobile devices.* Enhancement: Multiuser: Allow multiple users to link their accounts toWordPress.com accounts.* Enhancement: Custom CSS: Added support for object-fit, object-position,transition, and filter properties.* Enhancement: Twitter Widget: Added Follow button* Enhancement: Widgets: Added Top Posts and Pages widget* Enhancement: Mobile Push Notifications: Added support for mobile pushnotifications on new comments.* Enhancement: VideoPress: Shortcodes now support the HD option, for defaultHD playback.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: Fixed tweet permalinks in the Twitter widget* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: @import rules and external images are no longerstripped out of custom CSS* Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Fixed warnings and notices displayed in debug mode* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixed double-encoding of image URLs* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fix Google +1 button HTML validation issues (again :))* Bug Fix: Gravatar Profile Widget: Reduce size of header margins
= 1.7 =Release Date: August 23, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-eq
* Enhancement: CSS Editor: Customize your site’s design without modifying yourtheme.* Enhancement: Comments: Submit the comment within the iframe. No more fullpage load to jetpack.wordpress.com.* Enhancement: Sharing: Share counts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn* Enhancement: Sharing: Improve styling* Enhancement: Sharing: Add support for ReCaptcha* Enhancement: Sharing: Better extensability through filters* Enhancement: Widgets: Twitter: Attempt to reduce errors by storing a longlasting copy of the data. Thanks, kareldonk :)* Regression Fix: Sharing: Properly store and display the sharing labeloption’s default value.* Bug Fix: Contact Form: remove worse-than-useless nonce.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: remove worse-than-useless nonce.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Don’t show sharing buttons twice on attachment pages.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Increase width of Spanish Like button for Facebook.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Use the correct URL to the throbber.* Bug Fix: Stats: Fix notice about undefined variable $alt* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Make Subscriptions module obey the settings of theSettngs -> Discussion checkboxes for Follow Blog/Comments* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: VideoPress: Compatibility with the latest version ofVideoPress* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Audio: Include JS File for HTML5 audio player* Bug Fix: Hovercards: Improve cache handling.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Gravatar Profle: Correctly display service icons in edgecases.* Bug Fix: Widgets: Gravatar Profle: Prevent ugly “flash” of too-large imagewhen page first loads on some sites* Bug Fix: Carousel: CSS Compatibility with more themes.
= 1.6.1 =Release Date: August 4, 2012
* Bug Fix: Prevent Fatal error under certain conditions in sharing module* Bug Fix: Add cachebuster to sharing.css* Bug Fix: Disable via for Twitter until more robust code is in place
= 1.6 =Release Date: August 2, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-e0
= 1.5 =Release Date: July 31, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-d7
* Enhancement: Add Gallery Carousel feature* Note: the Carousel module bundles http://fgnass.github.com/spin.js/ (MITlicense)
= 1.4.2 =Release Date: June 20, 2012
= 1.4.1 =Release Date: June 15, 2012
* Bug Fix: Jetpack Comments / Subscriptions: Add checkboxes and logic controlfor the Subscription checkboxes.
= 1.4 =Release Date: June 14, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-cz
* Enhancement: Add Jetpack Comments feature.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Make the sharing_label translatable.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixed the file type on the LinkedIn graphic.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fixes for the Faceboox Like button language locales.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Updates for the “more” button when used with touch screendevices.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Properly scope the More button so that multiple Morebuttons on a page behave properly.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Update the YouTube and Audio shortcodes to betterhandle spaces in the URLs.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Make the YouTube shortcode respect embed settings inSettings -> Media when appropriate.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Removed the Slide.com shortcode; Slide.com no longerexists.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Match both http and https links in the shortcode.* Bug Fix: After the Deadline: Code clean up and removal of inconsistencies.
= 1.3.4 =Release Date: May 24, 2012
* Bug Fix: Revert changes to the top level menu that are causing problems.
= 1.3.3 =Release Date: May 22, 2012
* Bug Fix: Fix notices caused by last update
= 1.3.2 =Release Date: May 22, 2012
* Bug Fix: Fix Jetpack menu so that Akismet and VaultPress submenus show up.
= 1.3.1 =Release Date: May 22, 2012
* Enhancement: Add a new widget, the Facebook Likebox* Bug Fix: Sharing: Sharing buttons can now be used on custom post types.* Bug Fix: Contact Forms: Make Contact Forms widget shortcode less aggressiveabout the shortcodes it converts.* Bug Fix: Ensure contact forms are parsed correctly in text widgets.* Bug Fix: Connection notices now only appear on the Dashboard and pluginpage.* Bug Fix: Connection notices are now dismissable if Jetpack is not networkactivated.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Fix an issue that was causing errors with newBuddyPress forum posts.
= 1.3 =Release Date: April 25, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-bq
* Enhancement: Add Contact Forms feature. Formerly Grunion Contact Forms.* Bug Fix: Tweak YouTube autoembedder to catch more YouTube URLs.* Bug Fix: Correctly load the Sharing CSS files.
= 1.2.4 =Release Date: April 6, 2012
* Bug Fix: Fix rare bug with static front pages
= 1.2.3 =Release Date: April 5, 2012Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-b4
* Enhancement: Twitter Widget: Expand t.co URLs* Bug Fix: Various PHP Notices.* Bug Fix: WordPress Deprecated `add_contextual_help()` notices* Bug Fix: Don’t display unimportant DB errors when processing Jetpack nonces* Bug Fix: Correctly sync data during certain MultiSite cases.* Bug Fix: Stats: Allow sparkline img to load even when there is a DB upgrade.* Bug Fix: Stats: Replace “loading title” with post title regardless of typeand status.* Bug Fix: Stats: Avoid edge case infinite redirect for `show_on_front=page`sites where the `home_url()` conatins uppercase letters.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Don’t send subscriptions if the feature is turnedoff in Jetpack.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Fix pagination of subscribers.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Sync data about categories/tags as well to improvesubscription emails.* Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Better styling for the subscription success message.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Support for multiple Google Maps in one post. Supportfor all Google Maps URLs.* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Improved support for youtu.be URLs* Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Improved Vimeo embeds.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Switch to the 20px version of Google’s +1 button forconsistency.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Fix Google +1 button HTML validation issues.* Bug Fix: Sharing: Disable sharing buttons during preview.* Bug Fix: Spelling and Grammar: Properly handle proofreading settings.* Bug Fix: Spelling and Grammar: Don’t prevent post save when proofreadingservice is unavailable.
= 1.2.2 =Release Date: December 6, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-ax
* Bug Fix: Ensure expected modules get reactivated correctly during upgrade.* Bug Fix: Don’t send subscription request during spam comment submission.* Bug Fix: Increased theme compatibility for subscriptions.* Bug Fix: Remove reference to unused background image.
= 1.2.1 =Release Date: November 18, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-9H
* Bug Fix: Ensure Site Stats menu item is accessible.* Bug Fix: Fixed errors displayed during some upgrades.* Bug Fix: Fix inaccurate new modules “bubble” in menu for some upgrades.* Bug Fix: Fix VaultPress detection.* Bug Fix: Fix link to http://jetpack.com/faq/
= 1.2 =Release Date: November 17, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-8x
* Enhancement: Add Subscriptions: Subscribe to site’s posts and posts’comments.* Enhancement: Add Google Maps shortcode.* Enhancement: Add Image Widget.* Enhancement: Add RSS Links Widget.* Enhancement: Stats: More responsive stats dashboard.* Enhancement: Shortcodes: Google Maps, VideoPress* Enhancement: Sharing: Google+, LinkedIn* Enhancement: Enhanced Distribution: Added Jetpack blogs tohttps://en.wordpress.com/firehose/* Bug Fix: Spelling and Grammar: WordPress 3.3 compatibility.* Bug Fix: Translatable module names/descriptinos.* Bug Fix: Correctly detect host’s ability to make outgoing HTTPS requests.
= 1.1.3 =Release Date: July 19, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-90
* Bug Fix: Increase compatibility with WordPress 3.2’s new`wp_remote_request()` API.* Bug Fix: Increase compatibility with Admin Bar.* Bug Fix: Stats: Improved performance when creating new posts.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: Fix PHP Notice.* Bug Fix: Sharedaddy: Fix PHP Warning.* Enhancement: AtD: Add spellcheck button to Distraction Free Writing screen.* Translations: Added: Bosnian, Danish, German, Finnish, Galician, Croatian,Indonesian, Macedonian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Slovak, Serbian, Swedish* Translations: Updated: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, BrazilianPortuguese, Portuguese
= 1.1.2 =Release Date: July 6, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-8B
* Bug Fix: Note, store, and keep fresh the time difference between the Jetpacksite’s host and the Jetpack servers at WordPress.com. Should fix all”timestamp is too old” errors.* Bug Fix: Improve experience on hosts capable of making outgoing HTTPSrequests but incapable of verifying SSL certificates. Fixes some”register_http_request_failed”, “error setting certificate verify locations”,and “error:14090086:lib(20):func(144):reason(134)” errors.* Bug Fix: Better fallback when WordPress.com is experiencing problems.* Bug Fix: It’s Jetpack, not JetPack :)* Bug Fix: Remove PHP Warnings/Notices.* Bug Fix: AtD: JS based XSS bug. Props markjaquith.* Bug Fix: AtD: Prevent stored configuration options from becoming corrupted.* Bug Fix: Stats: Prevent missing old stats for some blogs.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: Fix formatting of dates/times in PHP4.* Bug Fix: Twitter Widget: Cache the response from Twitter to prevent “Twitterdid not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.” errors.* Enhancement: Slightly improved RTL experience. Jetpack 1.2 should include amuch better fix.* Enhancement: Sharedaddy: Improve localization for Facebook Like button.* Enhancement: Gravatar Hovercards: Improved experience for Windows browsers.
= 1.1.1 =Release Date: March 19, 2011Release Post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-8i
* Bug Fix: Improve experience on hosts capable of making outgoing HTTPSrequests but incapable of verifying SSL certificates. Fixes most “Your Jetpackhas a glitch. Connecting this site with WordPress.com is not possible. Thisusually means your site is not publicly accessible (localhost).” errors.* Bug Fix: Sharedaddy: Fatal error under PHP4. Disable on PHP4 hosts.* Bug Fix: Stats: Fatal error under PHP4. Rewrite to be PHP4 compatible.* Bug Fix: Stats: Fatal error on some sites modifying/removing core WordPressuser roles. Add sanity check.* Bug Fix: Stats: Replace debug output with error message in dashboard widget.* Bug Fix: Stats: Rework hook priorities so that stats views are alwayscounted even if a plugin (such as Paginated Comments) bails early ontemplate_redirect.* Bug Fix: Identify the module that connot be activated to fatal error duringsingle module activation.* Bug Fix: `glob()` is not always available. Use `opendir()`, `readdir()`,`closedir()`.* Bug Fix: Send permalink options to Stats Server for improved per postpermalink calculation.* Bug Fix: Do not hide Screen Options and Help links during Jetpack call toconnect.* Bug Fix: Improve readablitiy of text.* Bug Fix: AtD: Correctly store/display options.* Enhancement: Output more informative error messages.* Enhancement: Improve CSS styling.* Enhancement: Stats: Query all post types and statuses when getting posts forstats reports.* Enhancement: Improve performance of LaTeX URLs be using cookieless CDN.
= 1.1 =Release Date: March 9, 2011Release post: http://wp.me/p1moTy-7R
* Initial release